SuperBowl Pick

Who do you like to win?

• New England

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Carolina

Votes: 12 50.0%

• Total voters
The homer commercial weren't bad :D

I haven't watch a SuperBowl Ht for quit a while. It's usually commercially lame, ostentatious, and overblown, just like all the hype for the game. It's also often country or urban flavored; neither of which are my cup of tea.

Then again, I still think that the game should be played at one of the teams sites, just like all the other games and all the other championship series. Even if it means playing outside in January or February in New England, or Buffalo, or Green Bay, or New York, etc. It used to be.

Where's the Defense ????????????????????????????

Not much in the passing game.

Grumpy, how'd you like the Hendrix-Pepsi ad?

Really was a good game !

The Hendrix ad was very cool :D

BUT! If he had played the accordian he might not have drowned in his own vomit and could still be pumping out polka tunes today ;)

Janet....

Anyone see the guy run out on the field and do his naked dance at the 2nd half kickoff?

Nope...I missed that ....But I;m glad you got a screen shot of the boobie!!!!...I have a video clip from KaZaZ....

Allright all the radio stations are saying they are claiming it was an "accident" and that Janet is very pissed at Justin for "accidentally ripping her shirt off. I thought this sounded fishy cuz that one half of her shirt came off pretty neatly, now if you look her nipple has a decoration on it so it seems pretty clear to me it was intentional, I mean she wouldn't just wear an xmas tree decoration like that under there if she didn't plan on showing it.

Radio stations here say the opposite. That MTV was talking about watching for Janet's little hot stunt as it were. It was no damn accident. Its all about "out doing" the other performers, and pushing the envelope in that industry. You know, like Madonna and Britney kissing? Lets just continue to sink, sink, sink into the gutter people. I can only imagine what the future brings. :sigh: :worried:

No wonder many parts of the world looks at us in discust...

My father in law just told me that the NFL said that MTV will never be involved in a HT event again,

Well, we'll see. Money shouts in this event, and that's a total shame.

I guess alot of people are 'apualed' by the stunt.......I think its a shame they did it in front of the children....

....I like a titty now and then!!!!!!..

but not with kids around!!!!!:mad:

Wait!! WW are complaining about Madonna and Britney kissing???? :eek: What has the world come to? :(

Originally posted by THOR
Wait!! WW are complaining about Madonna and Britney kissing???? :eek: What has the world come to? :(

No, no, no... Sure, I enjoyed that ;) I merely used that as an example of pushing the envelope on TV for ratings and such...

But while I enjoy all sorts of perverted things, I feel they have a time and place as well as should be kept to adults.

I agree with both sides really. Sure, shock value is entertaining, it keeps people watching and waiting for whats going to happen next.

I've reviewed the video - it was TOTALLY staged / planned...

Last night, watching with my wife, when it happened - we just looked at each other, rolled our eyes, and said 'that was stupid'. Just another sorry attempt to be shocking / cutting edge, or whatever spin they want to put on it.

Obviously they are getting mileage out of it, look at this post, and the talk on the radio etc this morning. No such thing as BAD pub, is there? I thought the HT show SUCKED compared to years past, if that's all MTV has in their bag, I'm not interested.

Cheers,
Russ

Last edited:
I thought Aerosmith in the opening whatever the hell the call it was horrible, if they truly sound that bad live I thank my lucky stars I didn't buy tickets to see Kiss and Aerosmith in Portalnd at $125 a pop. Pretty bad to be playing the same f'ing songs for 40 years and to sound that bad, just horrible, hang it up fellas I've heard garage nbands playing in bars play your songs better. I hate the Rolling Stones but man they at least perform their songs pretty well for being 70 yrs old, Aerosmith could learn a thing or two from them.

No matter how bad they were at least they didn't lip sinc like everyone (except Kid Rock and Justin) did during the halftime show. I find it much more impressive if the artists would just stand still and rap and sing, dancing around lip syncing like Nelly, Pdiddy, and Janet did is just LAME. Kid Rock was definetely the highlight actually performing and actually sounding good doing it. Surprisingly Justin actually sang and that impressed the hell out of me since all the pop/rap folks usually dance around and lip sync. That and he exposed Janet's titty :eek:

Here's a snippet from MSN

"Timberlake said he did not intend to expose Jackson's breast.

"I am sorry that anyone was offended by the wardrobe malfunction during the halftime performance of the Super Bowl," Timberlake said in a statement. "It was not intentional and is regrettable."

Wade said CBS officials attended rehearsals of the halftime show all week, "and there was no indication any such thing would happen. The moment did not conform to CBS' broadcast standards and we would like to apologize to anyone who was offended."

The Super Bowl halftime show, which also featured P. Diddy, Nelly and Kid Rock, was produced by MTV, CBS' corporate cousin in Viacom.

"We were extremely disappointed by elements of the MTV-produced halftime show," Joe Browne, NFL executive vice president, said. "They were totally inconsistent with assurances our office was given about the content of the show.

"It's unlikely that MTV will produce another Super Bowl halftime."

MTV issued a contrite statement in which it also apologized, saying the incident was "unrehearsed, unplanned, completely unintentional and was inconsistent with assurances we had about the content of the performance.""

That naked guy at halftime, was that the famous streaker guy who has done that to all sorts of big events?? Anyone seen a story on that?

Back
Top Bottom