1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Supplier of pinch rollers for Pioneer CT-F1250

Discussion in 'Tape' started by steveUK, Jun 14, 2018.

1. steveUK

steveUK AK Subscriber Subscriber

Does anyone know of a supplier of pinch rollers for a Pioneer CT-F1250 cassette deck? Thanks.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. pustelniakr

pustelniakr Silver Miner at Large Staff Member Super Mod Moderator Subscriber

3. dhnash

dhnash Well-Known Member

Rich, I thought about suggesting Terry but the OP is located in the UK and the shipping charges could make the overall cost too expensive. I thought there was someone doing the same type of work over closer to him that would be another option for him. This might be Svalander Audio AB in Sweden.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  4. steveUK

Thanks guys. Overseas shipping is 'overseas shipping', it doesn't make that much difference cost wise if it's the US or Sweden, if it has to be done, it has to be done. Plus, looking at Terry's web site he seems to be the real deal. I just googled Svalander Audio AB and it's all in Swedish. Unless something else comes up I'll probably go with Terry.

In general terms though, I'm surprised that someone has not started to make complete pinch rollers, not 'just' the (great) re-tiring service that Terry offers. I realise that it's not a mass market, but then so are lots of other things that people DO make parts for. It would even better if someone made the complete pinch roller assemblies including the swing arm so that you didn't have to hammer that pin out, which I have yet to do..

5. steveUK

How do you remove the pinch roller swing arm assembly? On the right hand one I have removed the tiny C clip, but the arm is being held back by a fork type assembly that hooks into the pinch roller end of the swing arm?

6. steveUK

It's ok, I've figured it out now. You have to compress those other, lower swing arms as far as they will go.

I've also managed to get 'new rubber' by gliding the rubber part of the pinch roller assemblies over a sheet of fine wet and dry paper at at oblique angle. That rotates the pinch roller wheel and at the same time skims the shiny rubber surface to expose new rubber. I was very careful and the results are very flat with a nice, grippy new rubber surface. We'll see..

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018

Please register to disable this ad.

7. steveUK

BTW, what about the idler wheel tyre? Anyone sell those, as Marrs don't appear to have them, they list a three belt kit for the CT-F1250.