Swapping transformers

You are in a place a lot of us find ourselves: a lot of working equipment that is pretty much middle of the road. If you were to sell most of that gear you could take a step up in quality to a higher level. Less gear, but better gear. It's very easy to pick up a $50 receiver and a $50 pair of speakers here and there, and next thing you know, you've got several hundred invested, and all of the gear is pretty much the same. Whereas if you put a few hundred into one really nice pair of speakers, you'll forget about virtually all the ones you had.

Unless, of course, you like things how they are, but I get the impression from the start of this thread that you are looking for ways to upgrade your sound.
That's true.

Don't get me wrong, it doesn't sounds bad at all, it does go really loud and sound fairly clear. However, I'm always looking for ways to modify, add, and improve whatever I have in whatever way I can (without ruining it or making it sound inferior), and make it better.

Do some reading around here in Speakers and in Solid State and General and wherever else you like, and get familiar with what people are saying is great. That way when you run across it, you'll recognize it and be ready. Or you may end up seeking it out.

'Fairly clear' can become 'stunning'. :cool:

Do some reading around here in Speakers and in Solid State and General and wherever else you like, and get familiar with what people are saying is great. That way when you run across it, you'll recognize it and be ready. Or you may end up seeking it out.

'Fairly clear' can become 'stunning'. :cool:
I will, thank you. Thank you all for taking the time to help.

Back
Top Bottom