sweet little CL find.

caferacer59

This weekend for 50 dollars:

• Sony STR 7045 receiver - I love the sound of this little thing, beyond warm, I don't listen over the air much any more, but the tuner, even with out an antennae, locks in on stations real easy. I dig that mint green glow of the face at night. I really like this unit.
  • A pair of Large Advents, woofs and tweets sound good to me and look solid, these things are what?, approaching 50 years old I think, they sound good with the Sony
  • And finally a Mira-cord Elac 50 h TT, fully auto and does its thing like it should, it is also a nice period correct unit for this trio. It needs a needle, I am still confused on how to buy the right fit, so any suggestions welcome

It all looks and performs great as a guest room system. I have not looked it all up but I think this package is circa 68-71 ish, I may be wrong. Its a very non fatiguing listen and much difference than my Pioneer 750/KG4 set up in the main room.

Attachments

• sony miracord.jpg
    sony miracord.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 134
I had the Sony str7045 with small modern AR speakers a number of years back in our bedroom. I is quite an outstanding receiver. I only used it for listening to Blues, Jazz, and classical music from FM in the evening and loved the sound.

What a frickin' steal. BTW, my last cartridge/stylus combo for my 50H was a simple AT 95e, sounds fantastic!

Congrats: that's a great system for $50. If you have questions about the Elac Miracord turntable/cartridge you may want to post them in the turntables forum. You'll get more responses there. Those are nice turntables.

Back
Top Bottom