Switching Unit DS-55F

siamac

PIONEER VINTAGE
Does anybody have more Information about this rar Pioneer DS-55F. I think is was not build by Pioneer, but by CHUBUEC. I cannot find anything in Google!?`

ds-55f-01.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like something for Pioneer dealers and not for consumer use, which would explain it not being in Orion -- Foe

I believe that the DS-40F and the wood cased version of the DS-55F were made by Pioneer, and that the metal case version of the DS-55F may have been made by CHUBU Electronic Corporation (CHUBUEC) for Pioneer. A clue to this is that the serial number on the CHUBU versions of the DS-55F does not conform to Pioneer's serial number convention, which has been in place since the early 1950s.

I have not been able to find a service manual for the DS-55F, but I did find a service manual and supplement for the DS-40F, in Japanese.

Doc

Last edited:
Of course they where just build for dealers. Who had 20 pairs of speakers at Home :D

I realized that the serialnumber tells us the "Birthday". TBxxxxx meens Februar 1973 ...... but the serialnumber of my DS-55F is 51B-123. So it was not build by Pioneer :no:

Last edited:
DS-55F just arrived

A huge thing, 66 cm wide. The Display is unic. The Preciever REVOX A-720 had a similar display in smal :D

IM3070.jpg

That´s a real nice piece. I have seen that also on ebay, but thougt that would my wife think that I am buliding up something like a HiFi shop, so I didn`t bate.
Is it still functioning OK, or are some relays already bad? The tube digits look really nice!!

Agger

I guess everything is working, but my wife will kill me if I try to test it with all 20 pair of Speakers :D

Of course they where just build for dealers. Who had 20 pairs of speakers at Home :D

I realized that the serialnumber tells us the "Birthday". TBxxxxx meens Februar 1973 ...... but the serialnumber of my DS-55F is 51B-123. So it was not build by Pioneer :no:
Hi...I know this is old post, but maybe you can share how to use this DS 55F since I bought one but have no guidance how to use it. I'm looking for reference on google but found nothing. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom