SX-1000TW bass and treble pot mounting nuts

dbxdx5

So one of the nuts that holds the bass pot to the chassis of an SX-1000TW I'm working on is fubar, and I need to find a replacement. I've looked through the supply of pot nuts at my local electronics supply place, and nothing is matching up. It's 14mm from flat to flat, and 9mm inner diameter. :idea:

Well, I'm coming up empty. It's crazy, but I may need to find an entire used pot just to get the correct nut.

They are fine thread metric, sizes include 7mm, 8mm, 9mm & 10mm.

There are eBay places in Shenzhen, GD, China that sell "jam nuts".

From their info, and yours, 14mm flats can be 0.75 pitch in 7,8,9 or 10 mm
From your info - my bet is on 9mm x 0.75 x 2mm

BTW, 8mm is guitar sockets/pots - which can help in sourcing to check sizes.

There are various nuts used for holding the pots to the chassis front, and bezel to the pots. All are available in various IDs and pitches.

There are full nuts (DIN 934) :
51gxnBWCbPL._AC_US218_.jpg

There are jam nuts (DIN 439B):
NJAM20x1.5ss%20Stainless%20Jam%20Nut%20DIN%20439%20M20.jpg

There are lock nuts:
2182573.jpg

There are panel nuts :
Z1D-sufo5oy.JPG

There are fixture nuts :
2159947.jpg

There are knurled nuts :
2183226.jpg

There are acorn nuts :
Com_--Open-End-Acorn-Nuts.jpg

There are wall nuts :
walnut.jpg

And there are complete nuts :
gene1.jpg

IMG_9643.JPG

Do you see the one you need?

OK, haha

I don't find any 14mm with a 9mm hole.
I have 9mm hole and picked out some.
I picked a few others for "assortment"

PM coming

There are various nuts used for holding the pots to the chassis front, and bezel to the pots. All are available in various IDs and pitches.

There are full nuts (DIN 934) :
51gxnBWCbPL._AC_US218_.jpg

There are jam nuts (DIN 439B):
NJAM20x1.5ss%20Stainless%20Jam%20Nut%20DIN%20439%20M20.jpg

There are lock nuts:
2182573.jpg

There are panel nuts :
Z1D-sufo5oy.JPG

There are fixture nuts :
2159947.jpg

There are knurled nuts :
2183226.jpg

There are acorn nuts :
Com_--Open-End-Acorn-Nuts.jpg

There are wall nuts :
walnut.jpg

And there are complete nuts :
gene1.jpg

Thanks for this. It's a little tough to tell from the photos, but I think the originals are lock nuts, in that those seem to be slightly convex.

I also just rechecked the one remaining nut, and it appears I must have been measuring a different one when I posted those numbers. :confused: The one I need is actually 13.85mm flat to flat and 10mm I.D.

That pot is an odd-ball with the dual steps. The thread may also be odd as a result. M11-1.0 is a standard, and you could try to thread a nut onto it as a gauge. At least you would know what thread/pitch you were looking for.

http://www.brass-neutral-links.com/product/Brass-Panel-Nuts-Brass-metric-lock-nuts-Panel-nuts.html

I believe I tried to thread the one nut on to M11-1.0 when I went to the hardware store and tried all of the metric sizes, and it wouldn't catch (for lack of a better term).

I'm going to try finding lock nuts on ebay, and go with the 14mm flats at 10mm x 0.75 x 2mm

Last edited:
That's what's maddening about the SX-1000TW: All of the pots except the bass and treble take an M9x0.75 nut!

I ordered some M10x0.75 nuts today. So we'll see....

Just an update. It appears that M11x1.0 is in fact what I need.

http://mdmetric.com/tech/M-thead 600.htm

Actually finding M11x1.0 panel nuts is another story. I ordered several from Arrow, but the manufacturer specs them at +/- 0.5mm from 10mm Minor diameter, and the ones I received were all around 9.6mm. I could order a larger number and hope that I can find one that's closer to 10, but I'm not optimistic, given that the six I received the first time were all very close to 9.6mm.

Back
Top Bottom