Sx-1050

grumpy

Krusty old SOB! Yes, I own Audiokarma
Staff member
Admin
Sponsor
Subscriber
Here ya go Jim. Have not cleaned the face plate yet but it will look better then it did.

Just when I've thought I've decided if I like the x50 or x80 line better, I change my mind! I guess I'll never like either more than the other.

This receiver was shipped to Jim and the glass was punched outta the face plate. I replaced it with a piece of acrylic plastic. I think it looks OK.

Grumpy

Yo Grumpy, very nice, and I need some advice here about my own 1050. There is some pretty serious scratching on top of the faceplate. Any way of fixing this? Can I just grind away at it with a Dremmel tool or what? Guess I could just mount it at head level and i'd never see it, but thats no fun :sigh: :no:

Sugardawg34 said:
Any way of fixing this?
No.
Can I just grind away at it with a Dremmel tool or what?
No.
Guess I could just mount it at head level and i'd never see it, but thats no fun :sigh: :no:
That's about your only choice. The faceplate is anodized aluminum, and anything you try is guaranteed to make it look worse. Polish it up with some white (light-duty) rubbing compound, and follow up with a good car wax. Then live with it. :yes:

Doesn't hurt to try some regular toothpaste. It has worked wonders for me, even on units that looked quite bad.

my 2 cents...

Back
Top Bottom