SX-1250 Filter Caps

t j

Hello all, I recently purchased two used filter caps (see pics) to replace two leakers. The replacement caps were clean but I noticed that the cans didn't roll over the top on one of them. I've not tested them with a meter, but the 1250 operates. I'd appreciate ANY advice at all from you gents. I'm also doing the DBT thing for the first time and with a 65watt bulb, the unit did not light up at all. Then it worked as expected, and a third time it worked and started clicking and I shut her down. The bulb never blew...

Attachments

• IMG_3227.JPG
    IMG_3227.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_3228.JPG
    IMG_3228.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 85
I wouldn't trust those based on age and while the missing roll *might* be a manufacturing thing I'd be worried it's been affected by heat, which sure isn't good for the longevity of the cap. Why not buy new?

Reactions: t j
I wouldn't trust those based on age and while the missing roll *might* be a manufacturing thing I'd be worried it's been affected by heat, which sure isn't good for the longevity of the cap.
Good point, but they have to be better than the two leaky ones that I replaced. Where's the best place to purchase these new?

Good point, but they have to be better than the two leaky ones that I replaced. Where's the best place to purchase these new?
The usual suspects, Digikey and Mouser. Just popped on Digikey searching for the 22,000uF at 100V and looks like you got plenty of options. Make sure you buy the right diameter.

Please buy new ones. Do not use old caps.
I got you bro, but they have got to be better than the ones leaking acid all over my bottom cover. Can anyone advise me on the DBT? What's best case scenario when I flip the switch on the receiver?

I got you bro, but they have got to be better than the ones leaking acid all over my bottom cover. Can anyone advise me on the DBT? What's best case scenario when I flip the switch on the receiver?
I tried digikey, but knowing so little, my search was fruitless. The old ones are 22000uF x 80wv. Have you got a link for this lost soul?

Last edited:
try google, I just did several came up. Mous*** came up with over 100 in stock at $16 and change. replace all if you can.

You AK guys are OK guys. I'm all over it. Any obscure specs that I should be aware of? What's ripple?

Probably Mous** but no used caps. After the AC is changed to DC the voltage still varies some. The job of the cap is to smooth out these ripples. You can google DC power supply operation I'm sure there is a good tutorial. If you buy on off brand I would look for ratings as they may be good or not so good.

Probably Mous** but no used caps. After the AC is changed to DC the voltage still varies some. The job of the cap is to smooth out these ripples. You can google DC power supply operation I'm sure there is a good tutorial. If you buy on off brand I would look for ratings as they may be good or not so good.
Any specific specs (that's right) that I should look for. I'm seeing some different numbers and that always spins me out. Here's a pic of what I'm replacing.

I think I should go up to 100 "wv" and 100 c, but any thoughts are helpful...
-Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_3231.JPG
    IMG_3231.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 32
Any specific specs (that's right) that I should look for. I'm seeing some different numbers and that always spins me out. Here's a pic of what I'm replacing.

I think I should go up to 100 "wv" and 100 c, but any thoughts are helpful...
-Thanks
Higher temp good and higher voltage Ok no problem. Just can't go with less voltage.

try google, I just did several came up. Mous*** came up with over 100 in stock at $16 and change. replace all if you can.
I don't believe those will be drop in, which in this case means 2½" diameter, screw terminals. Those seem to sell for a few bucks more.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom