SX-1250 resistors temperature

mieuba

20170701_120644.jpg I bought an SX-1250 in excellent condition and with wonderful audio quality. Everything works correctly. I agree that it runs hot but to the touch no more than what is said in the forum. I am concerned about the temperature of the resistors located in each of the power outputs. These are insulated for heat. Its temperature reaches 100º C (212º F). I would like to have your opinions on this subject.

The ones on the protection board? They are raised from the board for that very reason. It allows for better cooling. I have seen where they had been soldered close to the board and had cooked it.

Thanks for answer! Then it is ok and according to design?

The ones in your picture, next to the relay, with the white covers, YES.

They are "bleeders" to dissipate the capacitor charge once the unit is turned off.

BTW, in case you did not know, the diode attached to the heat sink is a true piece of unobtanium. If for any reason you have to mess with it, Be very careful of the solid core wire, as it tends to break off at the device and may or may not be repairable. Treat them with great delicacy. Markthefixer is a master at fixing those.

BTW, in case you did not know, the diode attached to the heat sink is a true piece of unobtanium. If for any reason you have to mess with it, Be very careful of the solid core wire, as it tends to break off at the device and may or may not be repairable. Treat them with great delicacy. Markthefixer is a master at fixing those.
Thanks for the data, I really do not plan to touch it at all. If so, it should be bought in Pandora !!

Back
Top Bottom