SX-1250 Stabilizer Assembly AWR-106 Needed

has anyone put RCS16 in for the nobel prize yet? I got a guy near me buggin me to do a 1250 which from all descriptions has exactly this board bad - I dont want to even attempt it and I hear Mr Vince turned it down...

Your work opens up the feasibility for impossible repairs to be routine.

Never heard of a pcb designer winning a Nobel prize before, I guess there is always a first time :)
Mr Vince turned it down..
?
Who is that? is he a an AK member?
BTW, I have started the 1250 stab pcb design, need those mech dimensions or a pcb to work from. I will start a thread so we can discuss it there.

Mr Vince is Vince at Galaxie electronics is squirrel hill pittsburgh section...he is not a member of AK, but I hear he lurks when he needs inspiration. He fixes this stuff as an actual job. located same building/floor as jerrys records. I actually told him of your STK-50 project as he gets blortlecated 780s all the time...

Never heard of a pcb designer winning a Nobel prize before, I guess there is always a first time :)
?
Who is that? is he a an AK member?
BTW, I have started the 1250 stab pcb design, need those mech dimensions or a pcb to work from. I will start a thread so we can discuss it there.
I've still got that SX1250 here Rick, owner hasn't made payment yet, so when I get home tonight I will get the Stab board out and measure it for you.
Wont be for about 10hrs....

Just to let you know I have sourced a replacement board from a great AK member. When I get that board rebuilt and installed I'd be very willing to send the old board out for this recreation project. Would put some $$ into the effort as well hoping I could get to the front of the line for one of the new boards. rcs16 shoot me a PM with an address to send the board to when I'm ready to do so. With holidays might be a few weeks.

Thanks for the list! I see some 470uF caps on there and I think most of the caps on that board are 47uF. I'll double check but wanted to point it out as maybe the list has some other items on it for other boards.

Last edited:
Hi tsd71,

Thanks, yes the 1980 was the biggest of them all, so the rest are all scaled down versions. That makes it easier for me since the bulk of the work has been done.
None the less, it is still a fair bit of work, regardless of the pcb complexity, I have no guarantee's that I'd ever be able re-coupe my development efforts. The more interest/demand the better for all.
Thus, I need a old pcb or a detailed mech drawing in order to make/transfer the physical/mechanical measurements in order to duplicate the pcb's physical dimensions exactly.
I am willing to work with folks like you that ask for these items, but need assistance such as having an old card to work from and input as to changes to improve the design.
So if you or anyone else wants to work with me, pls PM me and we can see what we can come up with.

Rick

I can send you a bare 1010 power supply board, i have a few

Thx tsd71, I will send you a PM with my information.

Thx mdemott for vetting my Mouser BOM, I should have said that I have not ordered from that BOM, so there could be mistakes or parts that may not be required. I put the BOM together to get some pricing for a quote to rebuild one.The BOM was based on other members suggestions, what they used in the past. It can be modified, i.e. the TO-220 devices are 25W devices, they can be replaced with 50W devices to provide further op margin improvements if deemed necessary.

Thx tsd71, I will send you a PM with my information.

Thx mdemott for vetting my Mouser BOM, I should have said that I have not ordered from that BOM, so there could be mistakes or parts that may not be required. I put the BOM together to get some pricing for a quote to rebuild one.The BOM was based on other members suggestions, what they used in the past. It can be modified, i.e. the TO-220 devices are 25W devices, they can be replaced with 50W devices to provide further op margin improvements if deemed necessary.

I have the 1010 board out of the scrap heap, I’ll remove all the components and mail it out next week.

If this goes anything like the STK replacement module, we may have another winner.

Honestly, a contingent of members here are going well above and beyond the call to keep a lot of these old units out of the scrap heap, and make them even better than they once were. That's commendable, to say the least. We all know who they are. It makes me smile to be associated with this place.

Thx guys, let me know if you want anything else done, probably the best is to start a new thread related to the request or PM me with your requirements, ideas as to improvements. Cheers Rick

I agree the pcb can be made to work, ugly as it is. Basically use the new or existing component leads to act as the new traces, following the same path(s) as original, form the leads in a circle, to act as pad, leads/traces glued in place etc. tedious work.

If there is enough interest, I could re-design a new pcb. Since I do not own a sx-1250 myself (only a transformer) I would need an old pcb (preferred) or all the mechanical details in order to duplicate the design.
Let me know if you are interested. I'd have to think about how much I'd charge for a new blank pcb but it would be probably somewhere between $50-$100 for a blank. I would probably beef up the heatsinks as I did in the sx-1980 pcb, replace the old Toshiba rectifiers with a modern bridge.
Once I am done with the old pcb, I can send it too tsd71 :)

Cheers
Rick

Hi Rick, I'm in similar position looking for a replacement PCB for the same board, SX1250 stablizer board. Wondering if you have made them already / will you be able to get one done for me?

It is on my list to do. Summer is here too many other projects right now, it will have to be later in the year, best I can do.

Back
Top Bottom