1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

SX-1250 Stabilizer Assembly AWR-106 Needed

Discussion in 'Pioneer Audio' started by mdemott, Dec 1, 2018.

1. quaddriver

quaddriver 120 What's per channel Subscriber

has anyone put RCS16 in for the nobel prize yet? I got a guy near me buggin me to do a 1250 which from all descriptions has exactly this board bad - I dont want to even attempt it and I hear Mr Vince turned it down...

Your work opens up the feasibility for impossible repairs to be routine.

merlynski likes this.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. rcs16

rcs16 Super Member

Never heard of a pcb designer winning a Nobel prize before, I guess there is always a first time :)
    ?
    Who is that? is he a an AK member?
    BTW, I have started the 1250 stab pcb design, need those mech dimensions or a pcb to work from. I will start a thread so we can discuss it there.

3. quaddriver

quaddriver 120 What's per channel Subscriber

Mr Vince is Vince at Galaxie electronics is squirrel hill pittsburgh section...he is not a member of AK, but I hear he lurks when he needs inspiration. He fixes this stuff as an actual job. located same building/floor as jerrys records. I actually told him of your STK-50 project as he gets blortlecated 780s all the time...

4. kevzep

kevzep Its all about the Music Subscriber

I've still got that SX1250 here Rick, owner hasn't made payment yet, so when I get home tonight I will get the Stab board out and measure it for you.
    Wont be for about 10hrs....

5. rcs16

rcs16 Super Member

Thx Kevin, take your sweet time, I am no particular rush, I owe you :)

6. mdemott

mdemott Member

Just to let you know I have sourced a replacement board from a great AK member. When I get that board rebuilt and installed I'd be very willing to send the old board out for this recreation project. Would put some $$ into the effort as well hoping I could get to the front of the line for one of the new boards. rcs16 shoot me a PM with an address to send the board to when I'm ready to do so. With holidays might be a few weeks.

7. rcs16

rcs16 Super Member

merlynski likes this.
  8. kevzep

kevzep Its all about the Music Subscriber

Wow, look at that AK at its finest!!
    This is what makes it such a great place.

merlynski likes this.
  9. mdemott

mdemott Member

Thanks for the list! I see some 470uF caps on there and I think most of the caps on that board are 47uF. I'll double check but wanted to point it out as maybe the list has some other items on it for other boards.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
  10. tsd71

tsd71 RIP Tom Petty

I can send you a bare 1010 power supply board, i have a few

11. rcs16

rcs16 Super Member

Thx tsd71, I will send you a PM with my information.

Thx mdemott for vetting my Mouser BOM, I should have said that I have not ordered from that BOM, so there could be mistakes or parts that may not be required. I put the BOM together to get some pricing for a quote to rebuild one.The BOM was based on other members suggestions, what they used in the past. It can be modified, i.e. the TO-220 devices are 25W devices, they can be replaced with 50W devices to provide further op margin improvements if deemed necessary.

12. tsd71

tsd71 RIP Tom Petty

I have the 1010 board out of the scrap heap, I’ll remove all the components and mail it out next week.

rcs16 likes this.
  13. Watthour

Watthour Electron Rancher - JS3600

If this goes anything like the STK replacement module, we may have another winner.

Honestly, a contingent of members here are going well above and beyond the call to keep a lot of these old units out of the scrap heap, and make them even better than they once were. That's commendable, to say the least. We all know who they are. It makes me smile to be associated with this place.

rcs16 likes this.
  14. rcs16

rcs16 Super Member

Thx guys, let me know if you want anything else done, probably the best is to start a new thread related to the request or PM me with your requirements, ideas as to improvements. Cheers Rick