SX-1250/SX-1050 parts needed.

outlawmws

On the Run
Does any one have a parts unit for either of these units? My "new" one has been given the basic cleanup and I've been noting whatever needs fixed/replaced. this is the worst of the damage, other than a few things cosmetically on the wood/painted surfaces. I will be replacing the main filter caps as well, and looking at the smaller ones.

For parts I need:

Vol control knob
Lever switch handle (one)
The glass
the tuna dial lights. anyon have the voltsge/part No.? EDIT:

I was pretty sure the 1050 knobs interchange, and got some confirmation in Chat last night. If anyone knows otherwise, please let me know! I'd doubt the glass interchanges.

On the glass, I'm expecting to have to get that cut and drilled at a local glass place that does custom cutting. Is there anyone else interested? I'm thinking getting ten or a dozen cut at the same time would cut unit cost. Let me know and I'll get an estimate.

Last edited:
Big filter caps.

If they ain't broke. don't fix em, if they are in speck. A little leakage and bulgin' is pretty normal.

Nichicon... Gold Series ACH-056
22,000ut
80v
63mm x 100mm

Mr. Percy is the man to see.

I have two 1250s and not replaced filter caps to date for the above reason.

Well. a little physical leakage of the electrolytic fluid bothers me. That stuff corrodes, like badly. I say take them out and replace them when you see the bulge, and for sure when you see fluid coming out. I have a Marantz receiver that rusted the chassis and bottom plate around a leaking power cap. If you plan to keep the receiver, changing the power caps now means you probably won't ever have to again. The SX-1050 and SX-1250 glass are different. I do have several flip switch aluminum covers, if you need one. The knobs are the same. Maybe the SX-1250 owners should get together and have some things made, like wood covers, that would be neat.

VN, you have a PM

I also realized I need the backlights for the tuna, This looks like a fairly std bayonet style, any one know the voltage/PN? Or are these special?

Back
Top Bottom