Sx-1280 - Pa1001a

dewickt

Will fix about Anything
Does anyone have a cross reference for an IC - PA1001A, I think this 1280 has been lightning hit as it also had an IC out in the 10.7 IF, PA1003, found a cross for it but still no audio out of the tuner section.

Unfortunately those "PA" chips were specially designed for Pioneer and are quite hard to cross-reference.

I believe the PA1001A was used in the SX-780 as well. A junked SX-780 can serve as a source of parts if necessary. The 780 is cheap and plentiful.

Last edited:
Any idea of the life expectancy of a chip like that under normal usage?..I'm getting deja vu' here. I may have asked that question before....

T.
The mpx chip shouldn't be all that hard to find. Several tuners used it around that time. I'll see if I can build a short list for cheap donors. I've written to a couple of the guys in the classifieds here a couple days back.... no response there. Was the pa1003 the opamp? Most of the ones I'm looking at used the pa1002 so curious. Call me if you need one quick.
Ron

The PA1003 is the IF chip, can be replaced with an HA11225. I replaced the IF chip and the Demux seems to be working, but no stereo lamp, have audio L & R to the filter/preamp IC (PA1001A) but nothing out and it gets real hot. To bad the SX1250 doesn't use this chip set as I have a junker for parts.

VintageNut said:
Any idea of the life expectancy of a chip like that under normal usage?..I'm getting deja vu' here. I may have asked that question before....

Well, the exact "aging" process of semiconductors, specially ICs, is not well known/documented. I have read reports of old digital logic ICs suffering from problems after 20+ years. If the ICs have surface mount caps in the substrate, these can fail due to age. However, I believe that heat and even voltage spikes would be the main culprits for IC failure in our receivers.

Still, I wouldn't be too worried about it. If you have a reasonably stable AC supply, and the unit is in a dust/static free area with adequate ventilation, you should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom