SX-1500TD Rebuild help

try removing the output transistors and testing them . if i remember correctly they should pull out when the screws are removed and solder removed from the 2 pins .
report back with your findings .
leave them out for now even if testing good .

Last edited:
Those are the new ones I installed, bear in mind bias is still all the way down. I'll check them tomorrow when I have time then report back.

i dont see a cap there in the schematic . what id number is it on schematic and value ?
if it is before the fuse then no it wouldn't be the problem as you said it was ok with fuse removed .

i did one of those about two yrs ago,its my shop radio. the pictures of the extra caps i remember quite well as someone else asked about them. mine was made in oct.'69 and didnt have them, mike from hudson valley told me there were at least FIVE variations of that set and could be even more,but you will only find one schematic online if there were any others in someones file cabinet its anyones guess.afik its all lost in audio history.

I happened to have one on the bench for a rebuild and was just putting the power amp back in so I snapped a pic. Good to know there are different iterations out there. Production changes are pretty common, so It wouldn't surprise me if the schematic wasn't updated.

Back
Top Bottom