SX-1980 575.00 buy it now

Somebody get it

I would jump on this if not for having my Bryston amps.I could repair the heatsink and the other stuff is minor.Seems some say sonically a sx-1250 is better,but for pure machoism .Telling myself (Dooooo not push button).

Yeah right bolly

500 watts rms orrrrrrrrrrrrr 270 watts rms ,decisions ,decisions Nope sorry :lmao: Bolly

Looks like a good BIN price to me also. The heatsink is not a operational concern but does look bad, man that must have been some shock to brake it off like that. Sure hope the unit wasn't dropped to cause that damage :cry: Too operational to sell as a parts unit cheaper but certainly it's shouldn't bring near full market value.

Lefty

A nice price and it could take a short walk to Echowars' lair for a makeover.

C'mon would somebody pull the trigger and help the rest of us weak-willed individuals avoid having to explain this monster to our significant others (as well as the credit card companies...)

Sx 1980 on Ebay

VintageNut said:
OK, how long wil it last at the buy it now price? I say 5 hours.

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum. VintageNut I must confess it was me that bought the SX 1250 for $245.00 plus the 9800 for $50.00. It was just too good to turn down, but sadly I must pass on this SX 1980. The budget will not stand more then 1 a month. :sigh: It will not last long with the buy it now

gonzothegreat said:
A nice price and it could take a short walk to Echowars' lair for a makeover.

C'mon would somebody pull the trigger and help the rest of us weak-willed individuals avoid having to explain this monster to our significant others (as well as the credit card companies...)

Well I already have mine :banana: But it's sure fun reading you guys squirm :smoke:

Lefty

My gut instinct says stay away from this one. Notice that the seller purchased this unit off of e-bay and is reselling it. The bow in the back looks like it took a fall from at least 20 feet. On the other side of the back is where the power transformer and filter caps are. This could end up being a money pit for someone.

Dean P said:
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum. VintageNut I must confess it was me that bought the SX 1250 for $245.00 plus the 9800 for $50.00. It was just too good to turn down, but sadly I must pass on this SX 1980. The budget will not stand more then 1 a month. :sigh: It will not last long with the buy it now

That's OK, I have three sx-1250 and one SX-5590 (euro black SX-1250), I got to let you guys have some of them :thmbsp:

It looks ok from the front but the back is tweaked pretty bad. No telling how bad it's bent on the inside. Too bad the broken fin is gone as it could have been fixed - somehow.

Murray

SX receivers A long tale

I sort of found the SX 1980 back in the late 80s, being recently divorced. I tried to bury myself in music, home theater & church. Believe it or not, I had a pair of Duntech subwoofers. 2 pair of Kipsch cornwalls all rigged up in a home theater with a new 32 inch TV. Every thing was great until lightening struck the town house. It burned everything to a cinder, that was plugged in a wall outlet. If you ever looked at a grown man crying :sigh: .It was me, I can still smell the the burned up SX 1980. Years later. I called Duntech & asked if they had repair parts for the woofers. Duntech did not call me a liar, but they did ask for pictures. They told me that a subcontractor handmade a few for them years ago & that they had no records of what they looked like. :thmbsp: To make a long story short I try to buy every SX 1250, 1280 , 1980 I can find or afford. So beware, the hunt is on. The total so far 2 SX 950, 2 SX780s,3 SX 1250s, 1 SX 1980. Edit to say: also Pioneer Elite products, Ho boy the race is on :yes:

Last edited:
I love em too. I now have 2 SX-980, 1 SX-1280, 3 SX-1250, 1 SX-5590, 3 SX-1050
some Marantz and Kenwood too, but I find myself more attracted toward the SX series. As EW said awhile back, nobody built em like Pioneer. I think the build quality is the best of all the Jap makers at that time.

Looks like a good deal for somebody who doesn't need a perfect one. If I had the cash right now I'd buy it. It would be the perfect backup unit for parts. It even has the "Sensor Gain" switch!

If you want to get it act fast. The opening bid of $250 will wipe out the BIN option!

Last edited:
It's driving me crazy to watch it, my wife said go ahead and buy it, but after trying to justify it I decided to wait and buy one that is in better condition. even if it means a lot more $$$$. Would someone please buy it and take me out of my misery?
Travis

Back
Top Bottom