SX-1980 575.00 buy it now

A Canadian heard you, and did you a favor Mr. Dog. You should just be happy you have a wife that tells you to buy gear!

Thank you to my friend in the great white north!!!! And as for my wife...She's the best, She will even call me at work to see if she should bid on something I'm watching on eBay. She's a keeper!

What! are you sure she is a woman? well, I guess you should know :scratch2: That's amazing. She got a single sister who likes gear too?

Here's my secret. She collects Lladro porcelin figurines, I try to take an active intrest in them and and never tell her not to buy them (mind you, they can get a little spendy). She's really good at finding bargains and has a lot more patience than me. So in return she lets me play with my old audio gear and at least pretends to be interested. I must admit that she is getting better at pointing out quality sound than she used to be!!! As for her sisters, I don't think they could even find the power switch!

I'll be in Vegas in December for 3 days. Have her pretty sisters waiting, I'll bring a spare Pioneer power switch along for a demo

Doug The Dog said:
It's driving me crazy to watch it, my wife said go ahead and buy it, but after trying to justify it I decided to wait and buy one that is in better condition. even if it means a lot more $$$$. Would someone please buy it and take me out of my misery?
Travis

Well Travis, it all depends on whether you can fix the thing yourself or not. It's not as hard as it seems. Wholesale replacement of those old pesky little electrolytics should take care of most of its gremlins, specially in the power supply.

If you can't then it will mean some more $$$$ for a good restoration.

I believe I saw a heatsink assembly being sold the other day on ePay, so they can be had.

Whoever gets it, please don't judge the sound of the SX-1980 based on a beat-up, unrestored unit. These units need proper restoration to really shine.

I am having a ball tonight with Bruce Hornsby's new DVD. Man the sound rocks via my SX-1980!

Last edited:
VintageNut said:
those Germans...always starting a war...can I say that in good fun? :D

Well of course you can say it, you just did, but how it is received is an open question, probably depends on one's sense of humor. I happen to be a big fan of satire type jokes and comments, but then I'm lefthanded :smoke:

Lefty

my family is German on my mama's side, my last girlfirend is German, and I eat Bratwurst on the weekends...with German beer...

PIONEER is our Religion - we will never make war between eachother :D

Let us have a beerparty for breakfast :banana:

Came close to buying this but opted not to take on another project like that BA-5000. To damn costly and cosmetics are everything.

Be a good one for someone who just wants to use it.

Back
Top Bottom