SX-300T Volume/Balance knob -- How does this work?

plumonium

I have a Pioneer SX-300T and I can't understand how the combined volume/balance knob works.

The knob has two rotating rings/switches, the outer for overall volume and the inner for what appears to be balance. That innermost knob is marked "Front LT" and "Rear RT". I don't know what that means!

The main thing that doesn't make sense is that the rings turn with one another, unless I hold one while I turn the other. But I don't want to be holding the balance knob while I turn the volume up and down.

Does anyone have any insight about this, perhaps from later Pioneer models? It's a handsome little unit that puts out better than rated power and good sound quality.

Thank you!

I could not figure out what a SX-300T is. Did you mean LX-300T? You can download the manual from HiFiengine.com for the LX-300T and it will tell you that the front part of the control is for the Left channel, and the back part is for the Right channel. For Volume control they work together, to adjust Balance hold one still and move the other until it 'balances'. Enjoy :D

Back
Top Bottom