Sx-350?

ferninando

Lunatic Member
Saw a SX350 I think it was in a Salv. Army store. Can't find any info on it in the refs. Had step tone ctrls with turnover switches. It was silver series.
Wanted 70 or 80 $.
Any info, pic, specs?
thanks.

In the mid-70's (75-77) series, the smallest Pioneer receiver made was an SX-450. In the early 80's there was a model SX-3500 that was silver and was around 20 waats per channel, but unless it was absolutely mint, I wouldn't pay more than $50 for one.

Retro

No, it didn't have the flouresent output mtr. The name was in the upper left corner of the face plate. Gonna have to go back and look again. It'll prolly be gone.

I went back to look again. Definately an SX350. No ifs ands or buts. Sig and tune meters in center of panel, funct lites on either side, stepped dual ch tone ctrls with lo/ho turnover switches in between. Looks like an SX850 appearance wise but it aint.
Maybe it's non US import model. Didn't inspect further. $69. Still on the shelf.

"Looks like an SX850 appearance wise but it aint."

Awful question, but I gotta ask: could it be an 850 with a mutilated "8"?

ManFromPorlock said:
"Looks like an SX850 appearance wise but it aint."

Awful question, but I gotta ask: could it be an 850 with a mutilated "8"?

Thank goodness somebody finally said it. A quick check of the back of the thing would most likely tell all.

could be.
If it's still there when I go back I'll check again, also the rr pnl. If it's an 850 and it works it may be ok at $70.

Back
Top Bottom