SX-424 Champagne Face Plate...

diddlybopper

Picked one up at local thrift cheap,very nice condition,sounds darn good for a 12W receiver.This one has the champagne face plate,all the others I've seen were silver,does this make it any more collectable??It is near new cond.

I bought one when they were new and always thought the whole line back than was the slightly amber silver !

Use some Fantastic or 409.... that's cigarette smoke and grime.....
Used to make tan phones from taxi dispatch offices white, with 409 and got buzzed on the contact absorption of nicotine.

Yes, I think you got a real smoke collector, not really rare :smoke: Take her apart, remove the frontplate an kobs and clean everything and give it a finish with some car wax. Then you will end up with a beautiful small silver receiver.

I don't have enough fingers and toes to count the number of people who thought the same thing as you...
IF it is really a finish, cleaning with those cleaners won't change it....

Guy's I went looking for pictures, I think now what I remember as an amber tone may have been how the incandescent light reflected off the bit deeper brushed horizontal finish of those year receivers. Also :banana: , I never smoked, tobacco. Uhh... maybe that was the problem with the light !

Back
Top Bottom