sx-525 signal indicator bulb

Debassige

new to the forum, so please be gentle :)

picked up an sx-525 recently for nothing (more on that later) pretty good shape, definately came from a smoking enviroment (all cleaned up but the back so far, hear toothpaste works well) but i need a few things, for example a signal indicator bulb (8v 300ma) and the little black pushbuttons (4 of them) if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

i've read alot about how it is getting harder to pick up vintage gear at the thrift shops (and i agree) but over the last 4 or 5 months i (my father actually) has picked free of charge the following pieces for his favourite son :D

sx-525 (with owners manual and schematics)
two pair nova 8's
su-8600 (oh so minty)
ct-4141 (with owners manual)
ks-2400H
pl-530 (not only mint, but in the original box)
and a few other pieces (mostly 80's, kenwood, pioneer)

now these are not on any audiophiles wish list, but they were all FREE :thmbsp: , and where did he get them, at the local put'n'take. not sure if this is a common thing, but it is located at the local recycling depot, people drop off things they think others may get some use out of (usually books, pots and pans, furniture, etc..).

i loaded all these into my little car last week and brought them home so i am in the process of cleaning them ( i hear the tuner cleaner from radio shack isn't very popular, i guess i'll have to order some de-oxit)

p.s. i do own not one, but two pair of BOSE :yes:

Nice father you got there! I have a SX-525 too. It's a great little unit. Decent power and a great sound! The black pushbuttons are pretty hard to find. Keep checking the parts section here on AK. Things like that sometimes show up. Of course, you might luck out and find them on eBay too. You might be able to get the bulbs from another AKer. His user name is dgwojo. Just look him up on the members list. He's got a pretty good assortment of bulbs for Pioneer's.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom