SX-535 tuner problem

Bamboe

Just at the moment I was enjoying my tuner and was considering myself happy because I own a receiver with such a good tuner, it suddenly kind-of breaked down :(
Here's what happened: I was listening to a stereo station and suddenly the sound got weak and noisy. The stereo indicator light was still on, but only at half it's power. The signal strength meter dropped to the half (about 2/5 while I always have 4/5 on that station). I tuned to other stations and they all have the same problem. The signal strength meter displays it's normal value when I tune not to the "center" of a channel, so just outside the stereo range, but when I move to the center the signal strength drops down.
I also connected cable radio to my tuner, and then the sound quality and signal strength was better but the stereo light remains on half it's power.
(while I am pretty sure the indicator light itself is OK)
Any ideas what could be wrong?

Last edited:
This could also be a problem of the voltage supply to the tuner. Connect a multimeter and watch the level when the problem occurs again. If it´s a thermal issue, try to find the affected part with some cold spray.

Thanks for your reply. After letting it rest for an hour (powered it down), the problem has disappeared. But the problem didn't occur because it was hot, it happened after about 10 minutes of use! I will check the power supply when the problem reappears.

Back
Top Bottom