1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

sx 5580 / Is this frequency response for real?

Discussion in 'Pioneer Audio' started by lilwing, Feb 12, 2018.

1. lilwing

lilwing CAGE FREE AUDIO ZOO Subscriber

Please register to disable this ad.

2. markthefixer

markthefixer On Hiatus, dealing with Dad's estate full time Subscriber

For real? Well, yes...

Audible - phase relationships contribute to soundstage and clarity - so it's up for debate.
    Easiest way to avoid a question about a deficiency, just don't do the possibly bad thing.

The 1280 and 1980 go to 80khz.

Then there's this:

https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/pioneer/sx-d7000.shtml

3. lilwing

lilwing CAGE FREE AUDIO ZOO Subscriber

Hope I can hear the 7hz! I don't remember seeing a spec that low. (let alone 5hz)
    I doubt I can hear 80-90-100 khz. Too many years on the old ears.

4. Blue Shadow

Blue Shadow I gotta get me a new title

That frequency response is not there for you to hear it is there to accomplish what the designers needed to happen in the audible range.

Kenwood L-07MII Frequency Response is 1Hz to 600kHz. Better clean your ears.

The Spectral DMC-6 is DC to 6MHz, that is 6000kHz.

Many power amps go down to DC, direct coupled. Some have switchable capacitors to put into the input section to keep the amp from amplifying DC from the preamp.

5. mattsd

mattsd AK Subscriber Subscriber

Keep in mind though, that's just the power amp, the preamp doesn't go that high. Preamp is spec'd at 10Hz-50KHz for the AUX and Tape +0/-1dB. I took a quick and dirty measurement on the one I just recently recapped here, it went to 44KHz at -1dB. I need to do it again once I get better cables, probably will be able to get the 50KHz spec at -1dB. Through the audio band though it was within +0/-0.3dB across 20-20KHz, pretty damn impressive.

6. Gazdatronik

Gazdatronik Super Member

My apt holman amp/preamp combo does a 1hz wave pretty good, I once tested. Cone goes in, cone goes out..at that speed. My computer monitor used to sit on the amp long ago, you could see the colors in the screen shift as the woofers flexed. As far as how high? I don't remember. Maybe 90khz.

Please register to disable this ad.

7. LesE

LesE 110284 Subscriber

A while ago, I put together an LTSpice simulation for the SX-1250 amp section just for fun. Using modern OnSemi devices, the predicted FR was 5 to 150 kHz (-1 dB).

SX-1250 FR -A.jpg