SX-636 issues

rg2098

I'm getting a snap / poping noise out of the speakers. It started just on start-up and shutdown very faint but keep growing and its really loud all the time no matter what the volume control is at. I just had it repaired and it worked great for a month before it started to happen again. They replaced the "Pre-amp". What would cause this to happen? I cleaned all the switches and the boards but there was no change. It was running two 8 ohm cabinets and two 6 ohm bookshelf speakers. I also have it connected to my computer. Would the computer have anything todo with blowing out the preamps? I love the simple look of this unit and would like to keep it but $125 a month is way to much to keep getting it fixed.
Thanks,
Adam Lumsden

Sounds like a bad solder on the power amplifier pcb. You should check that from the bottom, try to knock with a isolated thing around the board or use freeze spray.
The other possibility may be a bad transistor in the power amp. I have one in my SX-737. It´s a 2SA726 and I´m just searching for a replacement. I found thisone with some freeze spay. This transistor was very sensitive to temperature changes and I made loud noise to the speakers, that I got fear of damaging them.

Back
Top Bottom