sx 850 tone amp... has me confused

gtx580

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Ok, this may be a stupid problem and I may be missing something but I have to ask. Just rebuilt my flat amp and started the tone amp. I replaced both q1 and q2 on the tone amp....but here is where I,m stumped. Looking at the schematic on the SM, the tone amp schematic just has me scratching my head on whats what. The other schematics were very easy to follow but this one is a black and white ,what looks like a mirror image. The others are a nice green ,easy to follow image. Also, since I,m fairly new to this...I see what are 4 caps...but my parts list has many more. I,m assuming the small blue guys are caps? Does anyone have a decent tone amp diagram? This is the last board that needs rebuilding and was hoping to finish today,but have run into some questions! Before I unsolder anything else,I need a little clarification! Thanks ahead of time! Chuck

The little Robin eggs are caps. You'll notice they have a (+) plus side marked.
The scat is a image of the bottom/trace side of the board. Yes, its backwards from the top/component side.
Good questions!
Take your time and enjoy the journey. Check each board after restoring it with a DBT and then a thorough operational check of the receiver. Then on to the next board. Triple check your work before applying power.

Zebulon,thanks. That schematic is a tough read but it was easier to decipher once I started pulling caps and taking the readings off of them. I,m almost done with the board and will definitely triple check my work before putting things back together. Its not a terrible job to get to these last boards but I dont want to have to take them them back out! Thanks again. Chuck

Back
Top Bottom