SX-880 in Protection

Wow. Who would have thought that someone had installed a completely incorrect part in that position?

The auction site parts may be one of the only options. A quick look at eBay shows that almost all of them come from China, and all have the SAME lot code. They might be legitimate, maybe...

$10-15 may be worth a roll of the dice.

I received this PA3004 protection IC in the mail, took about a month. It looks original, it is in a Pioneer labeled & stapled bag. I'll get around to testing it out ASAP.
item # 273089909866
seller was polida2008

I received this PA3004 protection IC in the mail, took about a month. It looks original, it is in a Pioneer labeled & stapled bag. I'll get around to testing it out ASAP.
item # 273089909866
seller was polida2008

Thank you! Let me know how it works out.

Since you mentioned the long lead time from China I decided to roll the dice and order from the same vendor. My chip arrived today.

This is what I received.
index.php

index.php

index.php

I have no idea how to tell if this is a genuine part or not. I did notice that the part number label on the bag is a bit yellowed as if it has aged over time.

I soldered the chip in and powered up on the DBT and the unit comes out of protection now! So for now this chip is working for me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom