SX-990 Dial Pointer Lamp

Stink Bear

I'm looking for information on dial pointer bulbs for an SX-990.
I replaced bulbs in 3 different units, put in 40 ma bulbs, and they are pretty dim.
I have two of the lamps that I removed, I measured the diameter of them with dial calipers, I come up with .2 inches, which converts to 5mm. Where do people come up with a 3mm bulb?
I checked with dgwojo, my options (if I can use a 5mm bulb) are 8v/50ma/4mm lamps ( 50 ma is original) 8v/55ma/4.7mm lamps, 8v/70ma/3mm lamps, or white 8v/20ma/3mm dc wire lead LED lamps.
I would like to keep the brightness somewhere close to original, but I like the idea of an LED since they put out much less heat and would last a long time. The SX-990 pointer lamps are not easy to get to.
Does anyone have any experience with any of the above lamps on the SX-990?
Pics would be nice......................

Thanks for the reply Watthour. I didn't find what I was looking for but I appreciate your trying to help.

I replaced mine with a 12v 80ma from Perfect Parts, #P434. Doesn't seem to be too dim or too bright to me, but your preference may vary. Here's a poor quality phone pic:

index.php

You should go with the 8 volt. It makes a difference.
Contact Dave and get all the lamps. He knows what you'll need.
It will look so much better with new lamps.
The dial pointer is the most difficult one to change. Dissemble until you have the pointer in your hand. The pointer is very fragile and will break without your knowledge. Fair warning. A good afternoon of careful work.

Thanks Stillhouse. Although not the best picture I think it does show the level of brightness pretty well, and it looks about right to me.

Back
Top Bottom