SX-990 Question

noprayer

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Hello,
I'm new to this forum but have recently discovered that i am completely ADDICTED to old Pioneer stereo equipment. My question is: On the (amplifier?) board inside my 10 dollar sx-990 there are 2-2 amp fuses, both of which are blown. What voltage are those fuses? Also on the same board there are two white wires, one on either side, that look like they are cut. Does anyone know if this is normal? I hope that this is explained well enough.

Thanks.

I have a SX-990 and while deoxing the pots and switches a while ago I noticed
some white wires that were cut. Maybe they used multi purpose boards and clipped
what was not needed for this model.
I think the fuses are 250 volt.
My 990 is a daily player at my real job and holds up well to grinding dust and high
frequency from heli arc welders. I clean it every 6-12 months but it never lets me down.

Well,
I replaced the fuses on this baby and after a good cleaning it is singing Uriah Heep like nobody's business! It makes me feel good to pull something from a junk pile and bring it back to life. Thanks for the fuse info too!

Thanks!
And if anyone out there has a volume knob for an sx-990 i would be your best friend.

noprayer said:
Well,
I replaced the fuses on this baby and after a good cleaning it is singing Uriah Heep like nobody's business! It makes me feel good to pull something from a junk pile and bring it back to life. Thanks for the fuse info too!

:thmbsp: welcome to AK! Now you are on the right way to feel the audiokarma. Enjoy your SX990.

Back
Top Bottom