SX1010 Low Volume/Output in Left Phono Input

Imtnbikewv

I apologize in advance, but I’ve searched the formula and can’t find the answer I need... Anyway, I have a really nice Pioneer SX1010 and the left channel of Phono 1 has very little volume. Right channel is fine. Both inputs of Phono 2 seem fine. Could this be something as simple as needing a good cleaning?

It could be, and it also could be something much more complicated. If you haven't gone through with Deoxit yet, do that. If that doesn't fix the issue, I would post in the Pioneer forum with a few more details and troubleshooting if you want to try to deal with it yourself to get better answers.

The only difference between Phono 1 and Phono 2 are the input and output switches. The switches control the input and output of the Phono circuit so either set of contacts or both can be the problem. Try exercising the switches many times and the problem might clear up. If that doesn't do it get some DeOxit and spritz the switches. You'll probably have to remove the face plate to do so.

Craig.

You can post here and just post a link over at pioneer. ask mod to delete when fixed.
Service Man.. probably have it. Not very good quality.
https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/pioneer/sx-1010.shtml

Lot of switching in diagrams but start from input signal. Unfortunately manual is copy in b/w. And I just glancing at sm, admittedly don't have time to decipher
hopefully switch. Didn't mention if only phono input and others work like tape L/R to see if switching is involved? of course check for a loose wire and cables from your TT to swap channels?

Back
Top Bottom