System 2

satorusun

Same room but with a different set up. This system shares the Musical Fidelity A-5 cd player hooked up to a Sansui G-8000 receiver, driving a pair of Infinity 8.1 Kappa speakers. Cables are the Anti-cables. Couple racks of mostly import cds.

Attachments

• cds 1.jpg
    cds 1.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 122
  • Hifi 007.jpg
    Hifi 007.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 97
  • Infinity stereo 001 (2).jpg
    Infinity stereo 001 (2).jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 283
  • Stereo 1 002.jpg
    Stereo 1 002.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 45
  • Stereo 1 006.jpg
    Stereo 1 006.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
I love the 8.1's.
And very organized "library"
How do they sound on uncarpeted hardwood flooring(if that's what they are situated on)?

I love the 8.1's.
And very organized "library"
How do they sound on uncarpeted hardwood flooring(if that's what they are situated on)?

The room is carpeted, and much smaller then the previous room from where I moved from, but all things considered, the speakers still sound balanced, and image wider then you would think, with the limitations of this room. Granted, I would like a larger and dedicated listening room, but I am fortunate to have been able to aquire some great equipment on the cheap, which allows me more to spend on music. All of my cds have been collected within the last 6 years, after my whole collection was stolen in 2005. I went from 700 cds then, to over 800 now, and still growing. Most of my cds are Japanese imports, and other than the mini lps I used to own, and which are now so expensive to buy now, have been replaced with the jewel case counterparts.

Nice Infinitys I bet they sound great ! Nice collection of CDs also, cool shelves for those.

Nice Infinitys I bet they sound great ! Nice collection of CDs also, cool shelves for those.

The tall shelf, I found on Craigslist. The guy I bought it from made it. Wish he had a couple of them, so both racks would match. Each row holds approx 70 discs. 10 rows, so 700 on one shelf. I really understated my collection by 550 cds. The other rack holds approx 550.

Yes, these Infinitys do sound very good, even in this room. 13x13 room, so not much room to open up, but cant complain.

i bet it all sounds great how you love that sansui amp i would love to hear the g series this 7900z is kick butt but the G8k -9k would kick this 9700z butt

Back
Top Bottom