System comments with new to me Marantz!

piece-it pete

What, me worry?
Howdy all.

I haven't posted about audio for a while, and with the addition of a new Marantz 2325 thought I'd make my usual inane comments.

My system consists of:

JBL 3677 cabs (jbl 2226h 15" woof, jbl 2373-1 horn mid w/ 2418 driver, Eminince APT-80 tweet);

Luxman c102-a? pre;

Dual 604 t w/ the me97x cart;

Sony 608esc? cd player.

Until now I was using a Soundcraftsmen PCL-800 "shoebox" amp. Bass was shy under 45-50hz or so so I was using a Mirage Frx sub (little 8", better than I figured) to help fill in the very bottom under lower level listening (overdriven it would start, um, farting).

Apparently those 2226s' are hard to get moving. Anyway I pop the big Marantz (as an amp) in and lo and behold, I had bass!

Enough that I pulled the little sub out permanently. I'm not sure why it has better bottom end than the PCL, which had better bass than the Marantz 1152dc I had been running previously.

It certainly goes louder too. Better overall? The jury is still out, I haven't gone through a jam session yet. The mids seem good, and the highs are... different... but I can't say better or worse. I need said session to settle it in and adust the mid & high speaker pots.

I will follow up after for sure.

Pete

We share the same JBL 15" woofer. I have the eariler 2225H. Great bass. Intergrates well with the 2425 and 2370. The system is the 4671.
No need for a sub with the Marantz 300DC.
Fantastic sound.

Ron

I'm beginning to respect this woofer. The more omph I pour into it the more it wakes up.

The neighbors. :)

Just kidding. Though with the Soundcraftsmen and an open front door I had my smart-ass sister-in-law down the street request more Joe Walsh!

Pete

Back
Top Bottom