System On Lost TV Show?

Grainger49

Old Fart
I'm watching the reruns of the TV show Lost, trying to catch up, or maybe just to understand better.

They have just gotten into The Swan and Mama Cass is singing.

Does anyone recognize the system in there? The receiver looks like Yamaha NS but is too big for anything I remember. The turntable isn't anything that I recognize either.

So the only thing I recognize is the LP that is playing.

Help please, I'm an inquiring mind.

I was thinking the same thing since I was marathon watching the whole lost series. My room mates have bought the whole first season, rented season's 2+3. I could not really identify the receiver. I think that it is just a prop. It doesn't really look like a real life one. Too wide. Too knobby. It just does not look quite right to me. There is also an RTR (brand unknown) and looks like a silverish 80's era turntable. The only thing I was able to identify was the computer system that was used for the button pushing sequence. It was an old Apple II series machine. Actually it could quite possibly be an Apple III instead. That's what I figured anyway.

Cheers

Yup, saw the RTR yesterday and it doesn't look expensive. For sure a one motor rig with paddle switches for run/stop operation.

I watched this long time ago.

I remember that, from the look of the platter, I thought that the turntable could be a Technics SL-Q2 or SL-Q3...

sl-q2.JPG

sl-q3.JPG

I should go back and look at the scenes again. I hadn't remembered that the Technics tables had black in front. Otherwise, Technics was the impression I had but it could have been Pioneer just as easily.

IMG_2074.PNGIMG_1858.JPG RMistery solved !!! I cheked a video today and saw more clear the stereo. Its seems a technics sa 222 or a 424 . Both are very similar

Attachments

• IMG_1966.JPG
    IMG_1966.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 12
Back
Top Bottom