T+A German speakers - anyone heard them?

3-450 watt amps and a 30 watt built-in valve amp, with an electrostatic tweeter? Yikes!! Take out a second mortgage.

I've heard some of the smaller models long time ago. Good build quality, good low end, good dynamics, poor staging, a tad bright to my ears. But as I said: long time ago. But it's a serious manufacturer that builds good quality loudspeakers. There is only one way to find out if you like them or not... ;)

T+A very high end, not just speakers. I have a very early set of T+A speakers that seemed to follow the Sonab designs, the Delta 30B's were from the mid 1980's, I attached a copy of the brochure in a speaker thread "sonab speakers".

I have a pair of T&A P-30 3-ways. I've had them for about 16yrs. They're nothing like the Delta 30Bs in the picture. They have a beautiful reddish tinted Walnut finish. They're one of the best speakers I've owned. They're full-range except for the very lowest frequencies. Well-balanced, uncolored response, excellent imaging with good power handling. I've never been able to find specs on them. I currently use them as rear surrounds mated with Legacy Focus mains and Legacy Silver Screen center. Here's a couple of pictures. Note also my Minipods an Klipsch R-3s. This room has three different systems setup. I have a Klipsch/Denon system, Legacy/T&A/Sony STR-DA5300ES system and a minipod (mains and surrounds)/Klipsch center/Yamaha system.

Attachments

• DSCF0332.jpg
    DSCF0332.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 49
  • DSCF0333.jpg
    DSCF0333.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 50
had so far tmr 60 passive speaker new one is active 4 way spaeaker (7000$ new ) t+a oec 1000 desperatly need a refoam job

Attachments

• t+a oec1000 red.jpg
    t+a oec1000 red.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 48
Just found this old thread while looking for some info on T+A perfect 5, there is pair locally for 75 eur , are they any good ?

Attachments

• IMG-1462019689875-V.jpg
    IMG-1462019689875-V.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 16
Back
Top Bottom