T Mobile and and Motorola issue

Roy Skinner

I have a Moto Z 2 phone and T Mobile service. When I call from my easy chair or even outside my house, I can hear clearly, but can not be heard clearly. This seems to be a problem with my location. My sweetheart does not have any trouble hearing when I call from work. I have not had any issues with Boost and LG phones, or AT&T with Samsung. My Google searches were not very helpful. I do not use Google voice and think I have ensured that it is shut off. I really like my Moto phone other than this issue. I am using a plastic protective cover that does not cover the front.
Any solutions to the being heard clearly issue.

Try changing your hand position. Could be your blocking the signal but have a stronger signal at work so it doesn't matter.
Antennas are usually at the top.

Not knowing what settings are enabled on your phone I could only guess as to what might be causing your problem. I had the same issue while at home, but mine turned out to be my geographical location. I did get better performance on calls when I disabled Roaming. Might be worth a shot if you have Roaming enabled.

Go into the phone settings and WiFi calling settings. See how it’s configured. A lot of Tmobile phones come out of the box configured to prefer WiFi networks for completing phone calls. I’m not sure why this is because it causss a lot of call quality and dropping issues. Switch it to prefer cellular network and see what happens.

I switched to prefer cellular a couple of weeks ago. I do not care for prefer VOIP. I read something about that last night. I changed back to prefer VOIP and it seems to have resolved the issue. I will find out tonight.

Back
Top Bottom