T60c kardon turntable quartz speed lock stays red when engaged

melbatoast

my T60C harman kardon belt turntable used to turn green (little light) when i engaged the quartz speed lock...now it stays red....it seems to sound okay but i was wondering if there was anything i could do to fix it? if the belt was not as tight as it used to be could that be affecting the speed performance?

thanks

melbatoast said:
my T60C harman kardon belt turntable used to turn green (little light) when i engaged the quartz speed lock...now it stays red....it seems to sound okay but i was wondering if there was anything i could do to fix it? if the belt was not as tight as it used to be could that be affecting the speed performance?

thanks

I'd think it's telling you something here. Could be that it's gone slightly off-speed, and not enough for you to actually notice. Do you have the manual? If not, I'll look at mine when I get home tonight to see if there's anything that might help.

thanks manitoulin - just a bit of confusion...i spoke to a couple of people who have this table and one says the light is supposed to be green and another says the light is supposed to stay red....hmmm

also...where can i find a cheap stroboscope to check the speed (do not want to spend $700)? my flashlight does not cut it :( but i am a little retarded at things like that...

main_large.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom