TA-100W follow-up "work around"

Discussion in 'Kenwood-Trio/Kensonic-Accuphase' started by norm kerr, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Bfox

Bfox New Member

This link http://www.suwa-koubou.jp/repair/ka_7500/ka_7500_2.html worked for my ka-9100. As mentioned in the thread just be sure to swap the position of the trimmer vr1(2k) and r1(2.7k) with r2(1.2k). Those values work great.

I also swapped the 2sd2012 for a MJE15032 cause it was all I had laying around

ALSO do not forget to check for bad transistors and capacitors on the kenwood amp board, I had 3 bad/blown transistors q6, q8 q12. Plus r26 was open.

ALSO ALSO, you should first adjust trimmer VR2 on the amp board to achieve a balanced bias, I got about +-1.1v. Then fine tune it with vr1 from the new circuit. Don't have a distortion analyzer, but sounds great to me.

SicMan likes this.
  2. EchoWars

EchoWars Hiding in Honduras

Cool. I love confirmation.

3. SicMan

SicMan Fire up those speakers Subscriber

Thanks for posting that info.
    JM

4. dlucy

dlucy dlucy67 (Doug) Subscriber

I'm opening up a KA-9150 (Eurpoean version of the KA-9100 that is all over AK) and I'm doing researching on the awesome threads already here. There was an AK system update last year and some of the links provided don't work any more. I've updated the below quote with links that do work, a at least right now.

5. SicMan

SicMan Fire up those speakers Subscriber

FYI: TA100's bought from China:
    I posted a a bunch of posts back that I got a couple TA100's from Alliexpress or whatever the name is in china and they worked. Well I just got the unit back and both failed in the same way, Neg side of the sine wave under load was cut off, distortion audio.
    Also just checked a unit under heavy load that was going back to someone with one of those similar parts in, stays on for 10 mins under load and kicks out.
    So 3 out of 4 TA100's I bought from China go bad quickly. Also I noticed that the ones from China have a sticker over the original sticker, same part number
    but all the ones I bought from China have this..The case looks like it was opened up by the marks around the edges if you look closely. I'm going to open these up and take a look and compare to another that was original and went bad.
    So be warned peeps.
    MY .02
    John M