Tabasco Hat

Only after you take it off. :D

IMG_0201.JPG

Hehe.

Point of trivia. I'm given to understand that the Tabasco factory has to replace their fork trucks every so often, not because they wear out. But because they corode from the caustic vapors.

Incidentally this Tabasco Sauce is manna from heaven, aged 10 years before bottling. It is also available from the Tabasco Country Store. This hot sauce with butter and a hint of sea salt on corn on the cob, "Oh God in Heaven" This sauce is a holy sacrament to a chilihead.

03465-Large.jpg

Took a look a by Tabasco stash and I was down to a 1/3 of a bottle of the above "lotion of luscious" so I ordered 3 more bottles. :D

Last edited:
Incidentally this Tabasco Sauce is manna from heaven, aged10 years before bottling. It is also available from the Tabasco Country Store. This hot sauce with butter and a hint of sea salt on corn on the cob, "Oh God in Heaven" This sauce is a holy sacrament to a chilihead.

03465-Large.jpg

Took a look a by Tabasco stash and I was down to a 1/3 of a bottle of the above "lotion of luscious" so I ordered 3 more bottles. :D

I ordered some based soley on your recommendation. It better live up. ;)

I ordered some based solely on your recommendation. It better live up. ;)

It is so good. The difference is like Brandy, and Cognac.

People think hot sauce is all about heat, wrong!!!! it is about flavor. I hate heat sado-masochists who make totally inedible sauces with Ghost Chilis. The Ghost Chili if used correctly makes an excellent salsa. The very best one is Mrs Renfro's, in fact the Mrs. Renfro's salsa line up is the best I have ever tasted out of a jar. A table spoon or so in your favorite barbeque sauce; smack-yo-lips-mama! And as you see it is not made in New York City. ;)

ghost-pepper-salsa_grande.jpg

Last edited:
Will have to try that new bottle.I normally dont like tobasco as i find it vinegary tasting.I like Crown cayenne pepper hot sauce from gfs myself.I use to be one of those heat weenies years ago.If blood wasnt coming out of every orifice in your body you were doing something wrong.Those days are long gone my tastes are much more mellow and tend to side with a earlier poster to Flavor over death heat.

Last edited:
It is so good. The difference is like Brandy, and Cognac.

People think hot sauce is all about heat, wrong!!!! it is about flavor. I hate heat sado-masochists who make totally inedible sauces with Ghost Chilis. The Ghost Chili if used correctly makes an excellent salsa. The very best one is Mrs Renfro's, in fact the Mrs. Renfro's salsa line up is the best I have ever tasted out of a jar. A table spoon or so in your favorite barbeque sauce; smack-yo-lips-mama! And as you see it is not made in New York City. ;)

ghost-pepper-salsa_grande.jpg

That's one of the very few salsas I've ever had trouble eating.

Is that sauce a store available item like wallyworld?
The only other place I have The Special Reserve is on Amazon at a much higher price. The Mrs Renfro's is available at most any supermarket.

When it comes to hot sauce as much as I like Tabasco my favorite by far is Trappey's. I especially like Mexi-Pep
pepper_sauces.jpg

I just make my own. I make 16 liters a year and barrel age it. I love Rooster spur peppers and the only way you are going to get sauce is to make it. I have several threads on here about making it. It involves charred barrels, cayenne peppers, rooster spurs and habs, sea salt, pine apple juice, garlic and white vinegar.

I have a theory about Tabasco. It's mostly not aged. I think he wanted to make it like bourbon, but didn't know how to make it. He ages the mash, which is super thick, like mud. That is not going to age well being that thick. Then he cuts it with unaged vinegar, which is at least 90% of your product. With booze you make your mash, then cook it for booze, and age the product. I cook my mash, then make the sauce and then age the product in charred barrels. It all gets aged. I do like Tabasco though.

Back
Top Bottom