Tablet for streaming

Steve S.

Hey folks. I'm just getting into 'music subscription services. Right now I'm on a trial with Apple Music and I've got Amazon Prime music. Amazon is the cheap one that is offered to Prime members for free. So I started to think, maybe I could get a $70 Tablet, a Kindle maybe and stream from there. I'd most likely need a DAC between the kindle and the amp.
Thoughts?

I've been using a laptop USB output into my DAC. It offers great flexibility; however, I would rather not have a laptop within reach during listening session because of distractions (example - cruising this forum). Last week I ordered a Bluesound Node 2, and it is scheduled to arrive today.

I use a LG tablet to stream through WiFi to my system.

I play with Spotify.

Works great for me.

I use my iPhone, a iPad and a very old iPhone. Sometimes I use my I Streamer DAC but for casual listening I don't find it necessary. The DACs in Apple products seem pretty OK.

Actually, any old smartphone with WiFi would work. Ditto laptop. I use an old IBM Thinkpad in the bedroom, but might swap it out for a Bluetooth dongle and my phone.

After looking further, I think I'm going to purchase a new iPod so i can stream Apple Music and play Iheart radio. Of course ill be able to play stored music too.

Back
Top Bottom