Take A Chance For A Deal?

Tank, I wouldn't take a chance on anything from a seller with that many negatives ...

RichPA,
When I first saw it I nearly hit the BIN, but decided to check him out first. After which it didn`t look like much of a deal. I say it will sell in a few hours. It has been listed for only a short while.

I'll bite

I'll take a chance on it, will send out payment tomorrow, I've asked that he pack it nicely and threw in the feedback quotient, I will let you know if I get screwed, but, either way great heads up. If nothing else I have a "parts unit".
Anybody have some glass just in case?

Well, so it goes - check back in a couple of weeks and see what kind of feedback he got on this sale ...

I'll post it here

I paid $26.00 for my last SX-850 that didn't produce sound becase the seller thought he might have had a swich in the wrong place, best fuses I ever replaced, still my basement daily driver. :thmbsp:

Probably my only one

Compared to the stories I read hear about Goodwill/thrift finds, I feel like I've been paying retail. I did get a free tuner from Bully tho. :thmbsp:

I can`t speak for other members about Goodwill/Thrift Store finds, but the ones I find requires alot of visits. I have 2 stores that I go to often[3 or 4 times a week] and two others maybe once a week. I also go to Estate sales and yard sales and the same holds true, many, many visits before a good find. Sometimes I think the best part is the hunt. And when you score it makes it worth the time spent.
TankDonovan

At worst you have a "parts' unit!

Strawman said:
I paid $26.00 for my last SX-850 that didn't produce sound becase the seller thought he might have had a swich in the wrong place, best fuses I ever replaced, still my basement daily driver. :thmbsp:

Nice to have a back up. Got several QX 8000s around here. Wished I had not dumped my minty 850 though :cry:

Eric

Better Late Than Never

I am real interested in finding out what it is like. Since I was the one that started this thread I hope all is well.

I live somewhat close to the seller..

And being concerned about their feedback and low price, I asked if local pickup was available. He said no and that he works wacky hours. To me, not allowing local pickup was not a good sign.

I hope it works out for you though and I'm wrong.

Regards,

"M"

It's finally here!

Had to go to the post office at lunch time as they tried delivering yesterday, but had to have signature confirmation. I at least feel good knowing that it's in my car. Can't wait till 2:30 to get it home & unboxed. Whatever shape it's in, thanks for the heads up Tank. :banana:

Good news & bad news

The good part is that it's operational, all lamps work, tuner pulling in signals, can play from differant sources, the bad news is a couple of minor cosmetic issues like the side panels and volume knob. I'm much more concerned with the operation. I can turn the volume ALL the way up and still stand in front of the speaker, not very loud at all. I want to measure the output. I get good seperation, also the tuner is way off, picking up 100 @ 96.4 on the dial. I'll give it a cursory cleaning and check the offset, but don't think that will help the volume issue. I e-mailed the seller informing him, don't really expect much out of him.

I can see now in the picture the needle is way off in left field. The needle should stop at the first end mark on the left.
Of course you should clean all the pots and switchs. If the sound is still weak -

Seperate the jumpers and use another pre, amp or receiver to determine if the pre or amp section within the sx 850 is the cause of the weak amplification.

I see it now too

Didn't notice it, kind of a shitty picture. How do I determine who is who with the pre/main jacks? I've only used them in the past to insert things like signal processors. Yeah Paul, I still happy it's here. Just what I needed, another project. :)

Back
Top Bottom