Taking down my CT-F1000

Discussion in 'Tape' started by silver faced, Apr 20, 2017 at 9:43 PM.

1. silver faced

silver faced Member

So after having poured a drink to relax , I said self lets go take that deck down and see whats what. So got it on the old work bench looked around had a sip looked again ,got all the tools needed had a sip and a bong and a blitz and got to work. Took cage off and was happy to see everything nice and clean like it's brothers and sisters. So a smile and a sip. Got the magnifier out and did a thorough check. I knew going in that its gonna need a tune up well yep it needs belts and might as well do new idlers also. Gave it all a good cleaning and a DE-Oxit lube job. Really looks pretty straight forward though. Looking for sources of belts now any leads would be great. I had to put her all back was missing her beauty . So now back to my Thirsty Thursday thread to share some banter :beerchug::bigok:

Attached Files:

2. silver faced

silver faced Member

Pure metallic ART in opinion:D:music::thumbsup:

3. evoroadster

evoroadster AK Subscriber Subscriber

Try wjoe.com I used their replacement kit and the belts and instructions were first rate. For the clutch idler you will need to send it to "markthefixer" for him to do his magic.

4. silver faced

silver faced Member

Thanks for that info, Looks like a great kit they have. How long did it take you ?

5. evoroadster

evoroadster AK Subscriber Subscriber

A few hours if you keep at it but having the idler clutch assembly repaired took a few weeks. Do not skip this part of the repair. If your assy isn't cracked yet it soon will be.