Takstar, rivaling BeyerD for fractions of the price

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont care about Takstar or any other Chinese brand (HiFiMan makes some of the best headphones in the world, and prices them accordingly - what does that tell you about what it costs to do it properly ?), but the opening post in this thread annoyed the hell out of me. I have been a member of Head-Fi for several years, and I know it to be a massive hype generator - with the exception of Skylab, project86 and a few others, I tend to ignore a very large chunk of what is posted there. In fact, I came here to escape a lot of the dribbling FOTMers - the same people, month after month, telling me that this headphone or that amp was the 'giant killer' we had all been waiting for. :thumbsdn:

One of the things I value about AK is that many here have had the same gear for years - in some cases, decades. Nothing wrong with trying new gear, and I can see why anything at that price is going to attract a lot of interest, but the test of a brand lies in its longevity and reliability. The Beyer headphones I have owned have been bulletproof, and I still regret selling my DT440s. If it was a simple matter of copying their designs and slapping in a $5 driver, I imagine Skullcandy would have done it years ago. In any case, it would sadden me to see AK go the same way as Head-Fi.

End rant.

I dont care about Takstar or any other Chinese brand (HiFiMan makes some of the best headphones in the world, and prices them accordingly - what does that tell you about what it costs to do it properly ?), but the opening post in this thread annoyed the hell out of me. I have been a member of Head-Fi for several years, and I know it to be a massive hype generator - with the exception of Skylab, project86 and a few others, I tend to ignore a very large chunk of what is posted there. In fact, I came here to escape a lot of the dribbling FOTMers - the same people, month after month, telling me that this headphone or that amp was the 'giant killer' we had all been waiting for. :thumbsdn:

One of the things I value about AK is that many here have had the same gear for years - in some cases, decades. Nothing wrong with trying new gear, and I can see why anything at that price is going to attract a lot of interest, but the test of a brand lies in its longevity and reliability. The Beyer headphones I have owned have been bulletproof, and I still regret selling my DT440s. If it was a simple matter of copying their designs and slapping in a $5 driver, I imagine Skullcandy would have done it years ago. In any case, it would sadden me to see AK go the same way as Head-Fi.

End rant.

Sounds like your jimmies are rustled estreeter. But you know what? I enjoy my "flavor of the month" product, and as a matter of fact, It's lasted more than a month. I'm glad other users here on AK such as cubdog are able to enjoy it's high performance as well. I'm in the pursuit of sound, not putting down other products due to their country of origin or their pricetag.

I'm in the pursuit of sound, not putting down other products due to their country of origin.

Then you missed the point of the Hifiman remark, which is that Chinese hi-end costs as much as American and European hi-end.

Sounds like your jimmies are rustled estreeter. But you know what? I enjoy my "flavor of the month" product, and as a matter of fact, It's lasted more than a month. I'm glad other users here on AK such as cubdog are able to enjoy it's high performance as well. I'm in the pursuit of sound, not putting down other products due to their country of origin or their pricetag.

FFS - can you go back and actually READ my post, particularly the part about HiFiMan ???? I have been an extremely vocal opponent of the 'we hate chi-fi' crowd on AK, and every audio component I own - bar some of the headphone gear - is MADE IN CHINA.

Look, I'm not interested in a keyboard war, but it helps if we actually read one another's posts before opening fire .... :thumbsdn:

There's also the fact that some of us believe that a company, and its people, should be properly reimbursed for intellectual property and R&D. If something is, in fact, a functional clone, that's money going to a thief. Which is fine, but if you support that action you never again get to complain about the decline of western economies without being a hypocrite.

Plenty of Chinese companies obey licensing and copyright, that you don't have to support those that don't.

You pay for everything one way or another.

Sorry, there is no intellectual property. Did Beyer invent the dynamic driver or an open baffle? A pr of phones is nothing more than a couple of small speakers positioned near your ears.

A counterfeit is a copy masquerading as the original. If the 2050 said Beyerdynamic DT880 on the side, it would be counterfeit. If somebody or a company invents something, and they have the patent, that gives them the right to license or collect royalties. I don't think that applies here.

I hesitate to get drawn into this, but WTH. Here is my perspective. I got into headphones a little over a year ago. I have purchased three so called FOTM phones. I use them in three specific systems and they all get used frequently. Being retired, with a limited audio budget, I have neither the means nor desire to spent large sums of money on headphones. I have to rely upon the expertise of others to guide my purchases. I have less than $150 invested in my three headphones and I'm very pleased with the performance of all three. I see nothing wrong with my approach. I couldn't care less where these were made or if they look like some other headphone. Now, if someone can prove to me that my phones are the result of stolen property either physical or intellectual I'd probably feel differently. Until then I'll continue to enjoy my bargain headphones.

cubdog

There's also the fact that some of us believe that a company, and its people, should be properly reimbursed for intellectual property and R&D. If something is, in fact, a functional clone, that's money going to a thief. Which is fine, but if you support that action you never again get to complain about the decline of western economies without being a hypocrite.

Plenty of Chinese companies obey licensing and copyright, that you don't have to support those that don't.

You pay for everything one way or another.

I realize this post would probably be much more at home in a political forum... But, since this has been said, please allow me to reply with some "food for thought".

Most of our "western companies" are now "globalist". They are loyal to no nation. They treasonously outsource. Outsourcing is a threat to national security and treason, no matter who tries to tell you differently. In the early USA, a corporation couldn't even be formed unless it could show a benefit to the USA. Even then, it could only operate a set, limited amount of time. We are a NATION and we are required to be NATIONALISTIC under penalty of treason. We "pledge allegiance to the flag". "Competing" with oppressed populations in other nations to see who will work for less money is SO far away from what the founding fathers had in mind it's not even funny. "Globalism" is a lowest bidder system and a race to the bottom for all the world's workers. The wages aren't high enough to create a proper tax base for what we've come to know as civilization in the areas the working class live in.

Many "Western companies" are treasonously destroying their own nations. They are paying slave wages to foreign labor and jacking up their prices so their profits and executive pay are now at crazy high record levels. Then, they sell their overpriced goods to the shrinking American middle-classs they are helping to destroy by outsourcing. This continues to consolidate all middle-class wealth to the top of the food chain and creates "elite" and "serf" classes.

So... Who are the worst criminals? These "globalists"?... or some Chinese manufacturers who steal designs from criminals, pay their own countrymen the same or more and then pass the cheap labor savings on to the customer instead of being overly greedy with profits? IMO, if these "globalists" are now being bit in the butt by the monster they created, fine with me! Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch... None of the money is going back into our economy either way.

Last edited:
Yep, and the merchant banking system is reportedly funded by arms runners, drug barons and people smugglers. Nothing typed here is going to change any of that.

I figured we could just ignore the armchair geo-political amateur economic rhetoric and get back to headphones before one or two of us get in trouble...

I figured we could just ignore the armchair geo-political amateur economic rhetoric and get back to headphones before one or two of us get in trouble...

Taking stabs at people by calling their posts "amateur armchair rheoric", while having absolutely nothing to add yourself seems even more irrelevant to me. Hope you enjoyed your mental masturbation, Mr. armchair amateur mod. Putting others down on the internet is so brave... But, if that's what you have to do to feel good about yourself... A good mod would get things back on course without belittling people.

Last edited:
Taking stabs at people by calling their posts "amateur armchair rheoric", while having absolutely nothing to add yourself seems even more irrelevant to me. Hope you enjoyed your mental masturbation, Mr. armchair amateur mod. Putting others down on the internet is so brave... But, if that's what you have to do to feel good about yourself... A good mod would get things back on course without belittling people.

Take this crap somewhere else. I think you know the rules.

cubdog

Take this crap somewhere else. I think you know the rules.

cubdog

Wanted to be a cop I guess... lol. Do you feel like a man now?

Make me. Oh you can't... you just needed to feel like you're in control of something or somebody by running your mouth.

Sorry, I forgot the rules. Passive aggressive OK... Direct not OK...

You fools deserve the Hell you're creating. Enjoy.

Far too much attitude, political and personal rants.

royphil345, consider yourself warned.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom