Tales From Topographic Oceans

AudioGeek

too hip to function
Just wondering: any Yes fans out there?

My particular faves on TFTO is the first part of "The Revealing Science of God" before "Dance of the Dawn", and then "Giants Under The Sun". The drums of "The Ancient" & "Ritual" are awesome.

I first found out about Yes when they second billed Black Sabbath
at Winterland in '72.(Glen Cornicks'Wild Turkey 3rd) Jeez, it was
2.75 at the door in 72! They were really something else as a
unknown promoting The Yes album.
Anyway, I became a big fan and that was my favorite until about 12 years ago when I finally really got into Closer To The Edge
which I pretty much dismissed in my younger days. (yeah, go figgur!) So it's been that as my most favorite but I love 'em
all. :)

Carl

Close to the Edge? Oh hail yass! But I was asking about TFTO if anyone out here has any props.

One of my personal faves is Relayer, but that doesn't count either.

Relayer was the first rock album I ever heard, and in terms of pure energy, compositional skills, and playing, will be untopped for eternity.....to most people it sounds a bit chaotic, but if you focus on the guitar and bass it will blow your head off!

Steve Howe played the best rock performance in history on that LP...

Ditto.... Close to the Edge and Fragile.. - Classic albums for that period IMHO.
They can get you out there.

I've got TFTO on both vinyl and beer-coasters....I usually play the vinyl. Neat album, Wakey complained of excess filler but it's still a nice record for a long chill session.

Relayer is cool too....dig Patrick Moraz's fusion-on-speed electric piano lines in the intro to Sound Chaser. Ambitious stuff.

TP <- longtime Yes fan

Back
Top Bottom