Tannoy Arden Mk2

KeithA0000

KeithA
Okay here's my challenge.
I have a nice set of Tannoy 3828 drivers with cross-overs in over-sized (but nice) teak cabinets. They sound lovely. However, I don't have much room, and I'd really prefer the smaller (and standard) Arden Mk 2 cabinets. So I located a pair about a 5 hour drive away. Way too expensive, but they're rare, so I'm considering them anyway. Problem is - no grills.
I guess I could make my own custom grills, but that's not the idea - I want the vintage grills.
But the grills alone are extremely rare - I don't think I've ever seen just a set of Arden grills.
So. Suggestions?
Do I get the cabinets? Forget them and wait for what I really want?
What would you do?

Use the lack of grills as a haggling point. Make your own grills in the same style as the vintage ones.

Yes, making a grill frame is not hard. I've done it myself a time or two and there are a multitude of grille cloths available online.

Tannoy just re-released the Arden, Cheviot, and Eaton as a new legacy line. You can probably buy new grills through them.

Thanks guys.
I have to wait until the weekend anyway - over dinner I can explain top the wife why I have to drive for 10 hours. - I'm getting smaller cabinets for the Tannoys, dear!
Think she'll be okay with it?

Take the spousal unit with you and stop at a restaurant/attraction/market/craft show somewhere along the way. Make a mini adventure out of it.

Back
Top Bottom