Tannoy Broadcast Monitor 8 info?

2manytoys

I was hoping someone in the community would be able to shed some information on a set of speakers that is being sold locally to me. Tannoy Broadcast Monitor 8. The only thing I could find was an old ebay listing that showed the bottom right corner. No information though. The person is asking $250 cdn for them but I have no idea what they are worth or if it has the original drivers. I gather that these are from the 70's?

I've attached a photo of the speaker in question from his ad.

Anybody have experience with these that could offer insight?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Tannoy Broadcast monitor 8.JPG
    Tannoy Broadcast monitor 8.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 44
I b
I was hoping someone in the community would be able to shed some information on a set of speakers that is being sold locally to me. Tannoy Broadcast Monitor 8. The only thing I could find was an old ebay listing that showed the bottom right corner. No information though. The person is asking $250 cdn for them but I have no idea what they are worth or if it has the original drivers. I gather that these are from the 70's?

I've attached a photo of the speaker in question from his ad.

Anybody have experience with these that could offer insight?

Thanks!
I bought a pair of these new in the mid 80s and still have them. Love these speakers. They are fairly sensitive and can fill a decent size hall, good for rock and jazz, neutral enough for classical. Hope you got them.
Ken

Back
Top Bottom