Tannoy Golds on CAM - these look familiar

Discussion in 'Dollars and Sense' started by xrayspex77, Apr 16, 2018.

1. xrayspex77

xrayspex77 AK Subscriber Subscriber

No affiliation

http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/deta...tent=email+featured+ad&utm_campaign=649427451

Look a lot like these don't they.

https://maxsold.maxsold.com/auction/8636/item/tannoy-speakers-c-792675

I don't actually care that he's flipping them (I couldn't afford them at $1600) but he said he'd been "wanting Tannoy Golds forever, he was going to build new cabinets and they were going to stay in his studio for a long time" when he picked them up.
    Seeing them on the market after he owned them for only a couple of weeks rankles but at least any buyer will be able to confirm they are Golds.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. BilboBaggins

BilboBaggins AK Subscriber Subscriber

I saw those too! He did gamble when he bought them. I hope he does well on them. Now it is all up front. Maybe they don’t sound as good as he had hoped, or the WAF wasn’t there and he had to move them on. Or he bought them to flip. Many possibilities.

Lazarus Long and markshan like this.
  3. Blue Shadow

Blue Shadow I gotta get me a new title

With that pricing he bought em to flip. I hate the binding posts added to the units. Those need to be recessed so they don't get knocked off the first time the speakers are moved. The grain of the speakers seems to match. The darker pics of the prior auction sale make the speakers look better, to me, obviously a personal opinion.

slowpat likes this.
  4. markshan

markshan Sir Thrift a Lot Subscriber

I've found pieces I wanted forever only to be disappointed. I'm not sure Tannoys would be among them as I love University coaxials and these should be similar but way better. However, I'm not him.