Tannoy HPD 315 "studio cabinet"

quantaloop

Hi,

Anyone ever heard of or seen the Tannoy HPD 315 drivers in a "studio cabinet"? This guy claims that these were the ones Tannoy manufactured for pro (as opposed to home) use. Size is 19' wide by 18' deep and 30' height. They would have been the kind used by the CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation). Apparently the grille does not come off, too. The drivers are fixed to the front board from the inside (accessible by removing the back panel), as per this guy's explanation. I can't find much on this "studio" cab. Would these be a plus or a minus?

Here is a picture.

Screenshot_20170325-150155.png

Last edited:
Hi,

Anyone ever heard of or seen the Tannoy HPD 315 drivers in a "studio cabinet"? This guy claims that these were the ones Tannoy manufactured for pro (as opposed to home) use. Size is 19' wide by 18' deep and 30' height. They would have been the kind used by the CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation). Apparently the grille does not come off, too. The drivers are fixed to the front board from the inside (accessible by removing the back panel), as per this guy's explanation. I can't find much on this "studio" cab. Would these be a plus or a minus?

Here is a picture.

View attachment 895963

If these are truly Studio Monitors and the price is right and the drivers/crossovers are sound. Run!
It will open a world of listening up for you that you'll not regret. Then, you'll be looking for a pair of these...

Attachments

• tannoygirl.jpg
    tannoygirl.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 33
If these are truly Studio Monitors and the price is right and the drivers/crossovers are sound. Run!
It will open a world of listening up for you that you'll not regret. Then, you'll be looking for a pair of these...

Yeah, so I went and grabbed them. They need new surrounds. So happy! Can't wait to have them refoamed and listen! Huge beasts.

Here they are sitting beside a Image Concept 200.
IMG_20170326_225507.jpg

Back
Top Bottom