Tannoy westminster royals build

View attachment 1023663 Thanks all i spent the afternoon listening to sweet music very happy so far the front crossovers for the highpass sounds and works perfect makes a big difference and they actually work good i thought id have problems with connections but all good. Then only thing i have found on some of the lows it gets very rumbly i have to turn the bass down on the amp to nearly a quarter it is only the cheap chinese so mite be better on the big 211 amp will see. Otherwise they sound very clear and musical on most of my favourite songs Win !!!

That is a build worthy of Stereo Sound.

:thumbsup:

View attachment 1023663 Thanks all i spent the afternoon listening to sweet music very happy so far the front crossovers for the highpass sounds and works perfect makes a big difference and they actually work good i thought id have problems with connections but all good. Then only thing i have found on some of the lows it gets very rumbly i have to turn the bass down on the amp to nearly a quarter it is only the cheap chinese so mite be better on the big 211 amp will see. Otherwise they sound very clear and musical on most of my favourite songs Win !!!
Hi Fellow AK'er and now my AK Hero! You started at the beginning saying you were not a carpenter, well I think not! Absolute outstanding! Those are fabulous! You should be very proud of the fine job and all the effort you put in - your babies will give you a life time of musical pleasure! Lost for words! Amazing!, Amazing! Phenomenal ! , Phenomenal ! - No words! Would love to hear them! You are a truly gifted, talented and a very patient, diligent man, fine Sir! All raise a toast to @Tvcollector1 ! :bowdown: :bowdown: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :beerchug:
-Blitz :)

Hi all sorry for no updates for the last couple of weeks i have been away as my mum lost her battle with cancer at age 56 and its been a hard 2 weeks been helping dad as he is by himself now. Its going to be a hard couple of months so please bear with me and ill update when i can.
I'm so very sorry for your loss. My deepest sympathy and condolences to you and your family.

Well, I'm late to the party as usual. I just found a link to this thread today and have just finished reading all the way through. @Tvcollector1 , you, sir, are much more than a carpenter. A carpenter wouldn't have the skills to do this build. As an amateur cabinet maker, your skills put me to shame. Your patience is probably the biggest part of it. These cabinets are outstanding. The veneer work and stain/finish is beautiful. I've never had the pleasure of hearing Tannoys. I have listened to Klipsch corner horns, though, and would love to hear your comparison.
Excellent job, sir! My condolences to you and your family on the loss of your mother. I hope everyone is getting on at least positively.
Edit to add: Who needs grills? These look great just as they are!

I've gone through all 16 pages of this thread, and if you weren't a master cabinetmaker before I'm sure you qualify now!:) I'm betting that restoration work on your various other vintage pieces gave you excellent skills in all the fine detail work involved. Just wish my Dad were still around...he was a master cabinetmaker by hobby and would give you two thumbs up!!

just dropped by to check out your progress. Fabulous job on your Westminster Royals. Nice! Start taking orders...

I'm betting he's going to build the infamous JBL Paragon next since he's done all the hard yards on the Westminster's, should be a piece of cake.

thanks guys unfortunatly not i dont think i need to build another set only other speaker that impressed me was the Klipschorns and wanted to build those but my tannoys just dont compare so i think it will be a wast building them as i wont be happy and ive got the tannoys

Back
Top Bottom