Tannoy westminster royals build

Congratulations on your wonderful accomplishment!

Also my belated condolences on the loss of your mother. I too lost my mother to cancer. She was a vibrant 65 and way to young to leave. Someday they will be a cure for all cancers we get closer every year.

Have a great holiday season as you listen to your great new speakers!

so i had the chance to listen to my tannoys on a friends NAIM package cd player amp preamp and dac and sounds amazing however it was lacking
resonance. tops and mids were very clear and lows were smooth but it just lacked the sound stage it was more direct the sound didnt travel much.
i have been running it off my big 30watt 211 amp and it sounds perfect its just right id like to experiment a bit more and hear it of some different gear.
I have a friend that is bringing his 300b amp around on the weekend so will be interesting to see how it sounds will let you all know.
I so happy to hear them sound and love this stage trying different gear to hear the difference very enjoyable.

Umm, DAMN TV! Congratulations on a remarkable accomplishment and endeavor. I am in awe of the time and effort that you put into this.
I came into my first set of dual concentric Tannoys last week and of course started looking into them on here. Came across your thread and super glad I did. And of course I have been pulled down into the Tannoy rabbit hole.

Those are gorgous and your craftsmenship is impeccable but the wheels take away from the beauty. I know why you need them but I think they would look better flat on the floor Or af least make some wooden covers that match the cabinets to place in front of the front wheels to hide them. That’s what I would do but that’s just my opinion.

Very very very nice work.

Those are gorgous and your craftsmenship is impeccable but the wheels take away from the beauty. I know why you need them but I think they would look better flat on the floor Or af least make some wooden covers that match the cabinets to place in front of the front wheels to hide them. That’s what I would do but that’s just my opinion.

Very very very nice work.

Yeah, and the red corner protruding from the diagonal aspect of the cabinet is really ugly:)

Last edited:
They look a bit on the timid side, next time go for something beefier. :biggrin:

But seriously though I bet they just about blow the house down when there fired up. :eek2:

Without doubt, your Westminsters are one of - if not the - best looking, finely executed, and complex builds ever to grace the pages of AudioKarma. Those of us who have undertaken such projects are well aware of the amount of labor, planning, and expense that goes into such a work of beauty. You are to be congratulated on your accomplishment.

As others have stated, we have been priviledged to follow you along on this project. I'm at a genuine loss of words to express my admiration - so I'll just say, "Wow!"

GeeDeeEmm

Back
Top Bottom