Tannoy westminster royals build

Unfortunately im building them at work so great workshop but need to cleanup every night as am only able to work on them after work.
Proud of my veneering as the front panels are 4 peices and you can barley see the lines hope the rest turns out like that

Does AK have a special award for best first post? I think this guy may have won it.

Absolutely in awe. THANK-YOU so much for taking the time to share your progress, this is fantastic to watch come together.

By the way, I think a cute little girl may have made off with one of your drivers while you were hard at work...

Does AK have a special award for best first post? I think this guy may have won it.

Absolutely in awe. THANK-YOU so much for taking the time to share your progress, this is fantastic to watch come together.

By the way, I think a cute little girl may have made off with one of your drivers while you were hard at work...
Thanks sandstorm thats awsome

Enjoying watching your progress, very impressive undertaking. You're gonna love it when you're settled back listening to your fave piece.
. :)

Fantastic. So glad to see you progressing quite well. Learning by doing takes time and planning each step. You're not procrastinating, you're being patient and letting it come to you, not forcing it. In other words doing it right. Where are you? I'm inviting myself over to hear & see them, so I need to book a flight. :)

Fabulous TV. Just fabulous. Out of curiosity, do you have a picture of the finished Tannoy Westminster you're coping from in front of you as you're doing this or are you going from blueprints?
going of blueprints and i will add some parts arnt in the paperwork so ive had to make up extra panels also added extra bracing as apparently tannoy started adding bracing to there latest models because cabinets were rattleing. and i have a picture on my tablet which i look at every now and again to check on for things make sure im doing in right lol

So how do those interesting crossovers work, do you patch short cables like an old time telephone operator into the jacks to get the levels you want or is it simply plugs?

Back
Top Bottom