*tap tap* Is this on? Is this on?

deepsouth

Greetings. My name is Jason and I'm from south Mississippi, but please don't hold that against me. I've been a music lover all my life and a record collector for the past forty years. I appreciate nice gear, but I'm all about the music.

I have a couple different systems. One is an entry level Pro-ject turntable that is paired with a home theater receiver and some Axiom Audio speakers. This system gets very little use. My main "system" are two stock Technics 1200's with Ortofon DJ needles. I run those into an old Vestax DJ mixer and from there into an old 90's model Technics receiver. My speakers are Klipsch KP2's from the eighties.

I have a buddy on this forum, although I don't know what his name is on here....maybe barefootbrewer, but I'm not sure.

I just moved all my stuff downstairs, so all this is a work in progress. The records are currently in there "autobiographically." Here are a couple photos for fun....

The record room by deepsouth1970, on Flickr

Last edited:
Hey, welcome to the AK Crew.

An audiophile you are without doubt. And that gear you have has quite the clout!

Have great listening,

Q

I've been a music lover all my life and a record collector for the past forty years.

Hi Jason welcome to AK...

Record collector:idea:

Go into your profile page or hover over your name top right of the page and click on Account Upgrades and become a subscriber. I think there is a red subscribe button on the home page also. For $25 you'll get access to Bater Town where you can shop, sell and trade records, gear and other things. But thats not all you get, but I'll leave it at that for now, trust me as a fellow collector, BT will be a great asset to you.

Hi Jason welcome to AK...

Record collector:idea:

Go into your profile page or hover over your name top right of the page and click on Account Upgrades and become a subscriber. I think there is a red subscribe button on the home page also. For $25 you'll get access to Bater Town where you can shop, sell and trade records, gear and other things. But thats not all you get, but I'll leave it at that for now, trust me as a fellow collector, BT will be a great asset to you.

Found and sorted! @barefootbrew has been telling me about this.

Welcome to AK Jason! - quite a record collection!

Hey, welcome to the AK Crew.

An audiophile you are without doubt. And that gear you have has quite the clout!

Have great listening,

Q

Hello and Welcome to our show! This place here is your place! :)

Willkommen bei AK

Enjoy,
Rich P

Welcome! And nice collection.

Many thanks to all of you!

Welcome to AK, homey. I'm from Jackson, and barefootbrew and I go back a ways.

Nice storage for vinyl you posted. DJ vibe on the gear. Thanks for sharing.

Back
Top Bottom