Tascam DAT

$100 is a bit high even for a working one. I got 2 of my Tascams for free and one for $25 and one of them was in working condition. They go for $50 - $75 around here in working condition. About the only thing that goes wrong with them is the small loading belt needs to be replaced.

I bought one brand new some time in the early nineties for recording direct signal output from a electric guitar and a bass so I could sound test whatever amplifier by playing the DA 30 into it with a impedance/level pad I made to emulate the musical instruments impedance and output level which is much different than the DA-30`s output so in doing so wouldn`t change the trueIMG_0174.JPG sound by mismatch between them..

Being partially paralyzed with no function of my left hand to play one of my vintage guitars, it seemed like a good idea..
I still own the Tascam DA-30 and it still works fine, though it really only has low hours on it..
Seem to work well after getting some of my friends to play various guitar/bass test riffs/chords into the Tascam with it`s output level matched into various tube/bass amplifiers in my collection the same way they would if sonically testing out a musical instrument amp..
Interesting days those were.

Regards, OKB

$100 is a bit high even for a working one. I got 2 of my Tascams for free and one for $25 and one of them was in working condition. They go for $50 - $75 around here in working condition. About the only thing that goes wrong with them is the small loading belt needs to be replaced.

I have no idea of value around here, just posting a cool machine, but actually $100 Canadian is pretty close to $75 US these days so I guess the seller is not too far off.

Back
Top Bottom