TC-630 followed me home...

B3Nut

tubes and spinny things!
I was in MI clearing out my storage locker and getting things I had left at my grandfather's place...he asked me if I wanted to take his TC-630 home, so I did. :) He bought it new in 1969, IIRC it was $499 back then at Krum's Photo! Except for the original mics (which were damaged long ago) it's complete, including the manual and schematic. The lid speakers are 5.25" full-rangers driven by a 15wpc quasi-complemetary cap-coupled amplifier. It's astonishingly good for such a system. I grew up playing with this recorder, and hope to keep it running nicely. Grandpa kept it in good repair, though the main belt is slipping and the Inst Stop (pause) lever doesn't work. Hopefully I'll be able to get her back to 100% function, it's a gorgeous-sounding tape machine.

TP

That looks mint!! Your grandfather really took care of it. How hard is it to find belts for RTR's of that vintage?

Nice Sony Todd. :thmbsp:
Your grandfather took care of this one, lettering is good, no dents on the speaker grilles.
If you need belts contact Speedy Bob
Bob@vintage-electronics.net
He has the round drive-belt + long counter-belt.
I love the sound on this model, top of the line 1969. :yes:

Thanks for the contact...now I know where to get new belts. You're right on the sound, very sweet playback. Even the stock lid speakers are smooth.

TP

Back
Top Bottom